• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Euro Gathering Christmas/New Year's 2022-2023?

Which week would you prefer?

• Saturday, December 24th, 2022 - Saturday, December 31st, 2022

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Saturday, December 31st, 2022 - Saturday, January 7th, 2023

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Sure, you can hire a guide.
I wouldn't move around offpiste without a local guide support (even if I know a place or two around there) also, they will know where to go and find the Sacred Graal or a valid, enjoyable run anyway since snow coverage will depend on the season. Too early to tell now anyway, one way or the other. In any case better to continue the planning as if there will be on piste skiing only.

Nobody

Skier
In any case, I usually spend Christmas time (Dec 27th 2022 till Jan 6th or 7th 2023 the next season) at Ponte di Legno-Tonale, way off the Dolomites.
Since it is a family vacation, I doubt I shall be able to join either week. Never say never though.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Much as I would love to join a Euro gathering, with Mrs Saintsman being a district nurse time off around the Christmas break is an impossibility. And I'm no-where near brave enough to ask permission to go by myself at that time of year!

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
The fuel prices (and thus airfare) are still extremely high. Here in Europe at least. And with more (oil-related) boycotts on the way, I don't think prices will come down any time soon.

Considering this, is flying out to Europe next season feasible? Or is it too early to tell?

Nobody

Skier
I would say that, for now, it's :"sit, wait, pray and see"...
We, as a family, have a plan to fly out to NY in September for a (non skiing related) one week vacation but, given how things are...all is on the same page as said (sit, wait, pray and see)

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I have been asked for some other trips around Christmas and New Year's as well. I am inclined to accept those offers. That doesn't mean I won't help you find your way to the best places to stay, ski, and eat in the Dolomites though...

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I have decided to do a 2-week 'France' trip during the Christmas and New Year's holidays. It will be 6 days in the Haute Maurienne Valley during the Christmas week, followed by a week at one of the big French resorts the week after. Which one exactly is still being debated...

Sponsor

Staff online