• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Everyone likes Turkey for Thanksgiving...

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like brisket, I'll cook this one low and slow all night....

IMG_7715.JPG
IMG_7716.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We do brisket for Christmas every year.

Tomorrow going Madden Thanksgiving. A 7 pound breast and 6 drumsticks going on the grill tomorrow around noon.

1606347934496.png

Mom's going to roast a ham in the crock pot tonight.

And PUMPKIN pie. Get that sweet potato baby crap outta here!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
First we will have Antipasto, Shrimp Cocktail, and assorted Cheeses. Next will be Ravioli with Sausage and Meatballs. The Turkey will come about two hours later with stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, calieflower, artichoke hearts and sweat potatoes. Both Mushroom gravy and a Turkey gravy will be available for the potatoes. For dessert Pumpkin pie, and my wife's home made Raspberry Tart. A few bottles of wine will be involved too I am guessing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
First we will have Antipasto, Shrimp Cocktail, and assorted Cheeses. Next will be Ravioli with Sausage and Meatballs. The Turkey will come about two hours later with stuffing, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, calieflower, artichoke hearts and sweat potatoes. Both Mushroom gravy and a Turkey gravy will be available for the potatoes. For dessert Pumpkin pie, and my wife's home made Raspberry Tart. A few bottles of wine will be involved too I am guessing.
You had me at antipasto.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
You had me at antipasto.
Red Roasted Peppers, Prosutto, Fresh Mozzarella, Genoa Salami, Fennel and Provolone just a srart to get your mouth watering. BTW I forgot as a side dish with the appetizers we will have some sliced smoked kielbasa with a horseradish and beet dip.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Turkey porchetta ( Deep-Fried Sous Vide Turkey Porchetta (Turchetta) Recipe | Serious Eats )
Pate and chestnut stuffing cooked in oven
Roast potatoes
Roast onion
Roast parsnip
Roast brussels sprouts
Green beans, mushrooms & carrots with thyme
Gravy with caramelized garlic confit
Trefethen vino del mega plonko deluxo
Pecan pie - I hope, haven't seen evidence of it yet, but as main chef, I leave this to the dessert chef ...
Cream - to be whipped just beforehand, OR along with the women, just around midnight
Dessert wines, various

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
It's just me, my sister, and a friend this year. Capon instead of turkey, plus some traditional favorites: stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts, yams w/ apples, pumpkin pie, whipped cream or topping, wine. And a new thing: mashed potatoes/cauliflower patties.

We are skipping rice and bread, and I've given up on green bean casserole.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cr, I don't want to be rude, but this is not gonna getter done. First, need to melt some cheese between those toast, and a nice cold beer next to them pretzels, now you cook'n! After a few beers maybe the popcorn and jelly beans!!!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My daughter is making a high level mac n cheese sith some super expensive cheese.. Mom caught it just in time... She was about to use Cool Whip as "heavy cream" hahahaha!!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cr, I don't want to be rude, but this is not gonna getter done. First, need to melt some cheese between those toast, and a nice cold beer next to them pretzels, now you cook'n! After a few beers maybe the popcorn and jelly beans!!!
That's just the appetizer. We're piling in the station wagon and going to grandmothers after that..

Sponsor