• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Excited about skiing - In July ?

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Probably no new skis this year for personal reasons but there will be some new boots. Will be a trip into Sports Creel come September after the inventory comes in. The Solis are 10 years this season and showing more age than i am.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
BS 180cm on the new blacks.

When I posted this thread, in the back of my mind ... well this is sort of silly in July ... but there I went again underestimating the dedication of real skiers. Cool. Nice to know I can come here in July and get some real empathy for my addiction.
I think most of people on this wonderful forum can relate to your addiction very well. :) I have my grad school mentor to thank for convincing me to try skiing 11 or so years ago, which turned into addiction a few years later. I haven't looked back and am very grateful for skiing and time in the mountains I had since then.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I sent my Black Pearls up to NH to be mounted with a pair of NTN/tech tele bindings. I’m looking forward to getting them back in my hands to begin the stoke for next year.

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
Yesterday at Mt Rainier. Headwall, near 50*, with a bit of scrambling between skinning up.

4A482969-C44E-4DBF-A52F-4EEE486F9EB7.jpeg

. 76AC11A9-CF72-45BC-8568-EDA8F16D91F4.jpeg

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bob, get Herb talking about boots, he does a better job when he is enthused!!!!

Olesya C., yes thanks for input. Here in Northern Idaho it is $249 for two season passes, one to Lookout Pass and one to Silver Mt. Pretty expensive and very crowded BUT I still perservere.

IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG
Lookout Pass on a busy morning about 11am

IMG_0537.JPG
Silver Mt. all tracked out.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Biggest lines i saw this year were at Lookout Pass early season on a weekend. It looked way too close to that Breckinridge picture. In fairness to Lookout they were about the only place open in the PNW about then.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Unfortunately I read a review on some 22 Rossi’s.
I may need professional help or this is going to turn out ugly.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Or, buying a pair (or two) of new skis! :drool:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Skiing Fri, Sat, and Sun at Hood. I was sort of 'whatever' until yesterday. Now I'm ready to go and excited!

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Forgot to mention. Bought here on Pugski from sponsor Ski Essentials. Got Pugski discount and liked personals contact with Jeff helping and called store and actually had a human being answer the phone.
Good company, good knowledgeable people.

They are awesosme

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Welp, this season is officially a wrap! 3days down at Timberline. Always fun, always an amazing place to ski, coach, and watch the next generation doing the deal. :)

(No Mikaela this time though )

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January