• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As Seen on Pugski - 7.jpg

It is always good when your voice is heard. Last fall we started a campaign to bring back the Look Pivot 15, which was inspired by @Bill Talbot, one of our resident gear aficionados and collectors. Bill and others here have had a love affair with the all-metal Pivot 15 for many reasons, as discussed in the thread "Hey, Look! Bring Back the Pivot 15."
Look Bindings 300 dpi.jpg Look Bindings Original Forza 72 dpi.jpg

What is a good marketing campaign without pop and color? We thought the best way to color the Pivot and bring proper attention to the campaign was to paint the binding with Look’s iconic Forza color array, and that is the basis of this feature. For 2019, Look is reintroducing a yellow-to orange fade Forza motif on its redesigned GripWalk-compatible Pivot 14 AW and traditional alpine sole Pivot 18.​
full

Along with Bill Talbot, another member who deserves credit here is our in-house graphic artist, @Dave Petersen, who envisioned the artwork that went into the campaign. We used my collection of Pivots to give Dave some ideas for the color schemes, and he worked his magic in creating images and colorways that Look could not ignore. For this coming season, Look chose to go with the “Hot Like Tomba, Cool Like Plake” yellow-to-orange fade.
snow-country-92-93-look-pugski-dave-petersen-jpg.51640

We had the opportunity to see the first production versions of the Pivot Forzas in early January, and we could hardly contain our excitement. Other than having the “Forza” script on the heel, the binding is just as Dave designed it. Jason Newell, the Rossignol Group's U.S. director of marketing, was as excited to show us the binding as we were to see it. He was proud to say that our community indeed played an integral part in the design of the binding and created enough push for a product they were intrigued to make but weren't sure had a market. It will be up to us now, to prove them wrong.

Pugski.com is on the radar of the industry; your voice is not only being heard, but it is being taken very seriously, and we are proud to host a platform for that. Each of you who buys a Pivot 14 AW or 18 with the Forza graphic will get a special Pugski.com gift. Just post a picture in this thread of the binding mounted on skis, and your support of Look and Pugski.com will be rewarded.

For more images of the two Forza bindings (and more), check out the gallery HERE.
Artwork by @Dave Petersen

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, is the 14 toe metal? - maybe I missed that.
14 is not a metal toe, it is the same toe that is currently offered but with a different AFD, no longer "Dual" but Alpine/GripWalk.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Are they planning on a "No Tool" Demo version for sharing skis and or fore/aft adjustment?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Has there ever been a 'no tool' or a demo version of the Pivot? I don't recall seeing one.

The fore/aft adjustment is restricted by the threads in the bars that attach the heel piece to the pivot plate. As such there is maybe 10mm of useable range of adjustment. The 'beauty' of this binding (pivot, minimal weight, forward mount location for heel) also causes adjustment issues as the space for the heel between the bars is pretty small and when you adjust the bars, that space can decrease. The pivot in any format is not one for sharing skis among friends unless you all have the same BSL.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What advantage is all metal vs plastic? The last bindings (excluding AFDs) that I saw breaking due to inadequate plastic were Atomic 914s and they were recalled. Plastic these days isn't what it used to be. It is far better. For that matter, my Solomon S914s I race on are plastic and I am quite comfortable with that. Even though they are 15 years old.

I'll apologize in advance if I'm raining on anyone's Heavy Metal parade.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-For 2019, Look is reintroducing a yellow-to orange fade Forza motif on its redesigned GripWalk-compatible Pivot 14 AW and traditional alpine sole Pivot 18.
full
-[
Nice cosmetics. Still no Pivot 15 or are you holding out on us? Not that I could use a 15, I'm a 5.5 DIN, but...
14 is not a metal toe, it is the same toe that is currently offered but with a different AFD, no longer "Dual" but Alpine/GripWalk.
IIRC from another thread the Look Pivot Dual also did Grip Walk. Has there been a physical change in design fron the current "Dual" to the '19 Alpine/Grip Walk or is it just marketing?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are they planning on a "No Tool" Demo version for sharing skis and or fore/aft adjustment?

NO, WHY, It would defeat one do the biggest selling aspects of the Pivot, the short mount distance with a long demo plate. The Konect demo system is no tool and that is Look's demo system.

Thanks - so the Alpine/WTR toe was "one and done" ?

On the Pivot, yet but the Dual (WTR version) will still be on the SPX and NX 12's

Has there ever been a 'no tool' or a demo version of the Pivot? I don't recall seeing one.

The fore/aft adjustment is restricted by the threads in the bars that attach the heel piece to the pivot plate. As such there is maybe 10mm of useable range of adjustment. The 'beauty' of this binding (pivot, minimal weight, forward mount location for heel) also causes adjustment issues as the space for the heel between the bars is pretty small and when you adjust the bars, that space can decrease. The pivot in any format is not one for sharing skis among friends unless you all have the same BSL.

@YoMamma here is a more indepth answer for you.

What did they say about the 15?

Didn't confirm NOR deny..there is still hope.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am waiting for the photo of Phil on his DPS 112 with orange-yellow fade, Pivots orange-yellow fade, and his orange jacket with yellow pants. Matchy-Matchy !

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Great news!
Thanks to the folks @ LOOK for listening and taking us into Phase 1.
Here's hoping this is just the beginning :D

So what are the Rossi skis that might be complementary to this great color combo???

Come on PugSki faithful, buy up some of these awesome Forza Pivots and post them mounted up on your skis!!!

Last edited:

KULKEA

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Sponsor
Love/hate for turn tables. Cracked the heel plate when I got 3rd in a big air comp back 99'. If you've mounted these style bindings, you likely know the thrill of getting your fingers pinched and the joy of adjusting forward pressure. Don't think I needed the 17 DIN. #flashbacks

IMG_2537.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you've mounted these style bindings, you likely know the thrill of getting your fingers pinched and the joy of adjusting forward pressure.

They require a little attention, but with a smartly placed screw driver and a willingness to disregard the notoriously unreliable forward pressure indicator, pinched fingers and forward pressure ain't so bad.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks - so the Alpine/WTR toe was "one and done" ?
-
-
On the Pivot, yet but the Dual (WTR version) will still be on the SPX and NX 12's
-
So, WTR is being phased out for GripWalk. Look's "Dual" WTR is compatible with GripWalk boots. '19 Pivot's will be GripWalk via an AFD change while SPX and NX 12 remains "Dual". All of which brings to question if '19 GripWalk Pivot's will be backward compatible with WTR? I get the idea not, idk?
Curious as it could influence a slackcountry backcountry beef boot purchase on a '17/'18 end of year deal...
Also, and this may be a premature question but that it's only an AFD change and if no WTR backward compatibility of '19 GripWalk Pivot's, would a shop be able to swap out the AFD of a '19 Pivot with the dope cosmetics with a '18 Pivot "Dual WTR AFD?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online