• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Faction CT 1.0 for $222 a pair!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The-House.com just dropped their price on a fantastic all mountain/OSQ ski from Faction. It’s 92mm underfoot, 20m radius and 2200gr in the 183cm. It’s $600 retail went to $261-$277 which is dropped another 15% to $222 after coupon code to be on their mailing list. Great ski at $600 and at $222 an insane deal.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just bought 2 more pairs of 183cm with a US address and was giving me issues with credit card payment and noticed they were charging state tax of the receiving state. Used PayPal and was charged no tax!

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
How do these ski for length? Looking at for myself, 6'4 and 220, pretty strong skier. Also, for my son, obviously a different pair, he is 6' and 160, intermediate.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
How do these ski for length? Looking at for myself, 6'4 and 220, pretty strong skier. Also, for my son, obviously a different pair, he is 6' and 160, intermediate.

Probably relatively long, see here

Lots of into. I am reviewing that ... I am not as big as you (6'1 185). I love my previous generation Enforcers 100 @186cm an use them most of the time. I am mostly offpiste but I would prefer something shorter and narrower for bumps, which we have loads off here in Tahoe ...

Last edited:

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The-House.com just dropped their price on a fantastic all mountain/OSQ ski from Faction. It’s 92mm underfoot, 20m radius and 2200gr in the 183cm. It’s $600 retail went to $261-$277 which is dropped another 15% to $222 after coupon code to be on their mailing list. Great ski at $600 and at $222 an insane deal.

Thanks for the PSA! Was thinking about what to do for that mid-fat spot in my quiver and I’m stoked to give these a try

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
At your size, go -3cm for the mount on the 183cm and you’ll be golden. Similar to a 183cm Brahma 88 for what it skis like lengthwise. Some other skiers on this site your size at -3cm and it’s good. I’m 6’2”/175lbs and use to more forward mounts and I’m on the 183cm at -2cm and it’s perfect.

Your son could do the 178cm around -2.5cm and be perfect.

There is a bit of a learning curve with these skis like any twin tip as they are a bit looser than many carvers near it’s width. The second you really roll them on edge though, you will have the same effective edge of a kendo 88 or Brahma 88.
Pivot on a dime in bumps too!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Wow, 2 more pairs… you must really love them. At this price, I’m intrigued for sure…
Last year, every time I was on them I would always think “I glad I have a backup pair” as I love them so much. Have friends that could use them and at this price, I could sell them and make money if I don’t need them.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Damn. I couldn't resist. If I end up LOVING my M6 Mantras, I'll probably sell the 183cm I just got if anyones interested...

@GregK I love my DW104 at -6, thoughts on mount point for 183 CT1? 5'10 180lbs ish. at -2.5 on my BO118

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
love my DW104 at -6, thoughts on mount point for 183 CT1? 5'10 180lbs ish
Since you’re used to a more forward mount, I’d go around -2cm for yours.

Mantra will float better but the CT 1.0 much quieter on the snow and much easier to pivot. Similar edge grip like the Kendo 88. Since you have the DW 104, it’s a great choice as you don’t really need the float and the CT 1.0 a more hard snow “playful chargers” like Moment Skis are.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Since you’re used to a more forward mount, I’d go around -2cm for yours.

Mantra will float better but the CT 1.0 much quieter on the snow and much easier to pivot. Similar edge grip like the Kendo 88. Since you have the DW 104, it’s a great choice as you don’t really need the float and the CT 1.0 a more hard snow “playful chargers” like Moment Skis are.
Good stuff! I got the Mantra m6 as I wanted a ski for the harder packed/spring morning days but could still go off piste comfortably. I am a bit worried I won't like it as I absolutely love my twin tip skis but for 70% on piste /30% off, I felt like it would be ok. Excited to see how the CT1 compares. My only directional /flatish tail ski I have is my Dictator 3.0 and I love it for deep steep wide terrain. Everything else, I prefer a twin tip/semi-twin.

Hoping the overlap isn't too great with the DW104 but feel like the CT1 will really shine on the low-tide days. DW104 should shine on the soft days....is there still room for a BO110 for me....

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
There is a bit of a learning curve with these skis like any twin tip as they are a bit looser than many carvers near it’s width. The second you really roll them on edge though, you will have the same effective edge of a kendo 88 or Brahma 88.
Pivot on a dime in bumps too!

I am thinking these could be daily drivers for me in Tahoe (PT/Alpine). I was thinking of getting the new enforcers in 94, but these would have a bigger separation in width (10 mm). They would almost fall between my Rallies (76 mm) and Enforcers (100mm &186cm, previous generation). And more than anything I want to suck less in bumps, and the rallies are too carvie, and the enforcers too big and heavy. Besides, your description makes them VERY Tempting. Edit: those two are my ONLY skis.

Now the size, I am thinking 179 or 183. At my height (6'1) and weight (180lbs), I am thinking the 179 may be too short with the twin rocker?

Thanks for any help! And I hope you come to Tahoe because we all owe you a few beers!!!! At least, I do!

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am thinking these could be daily drivers for me in Tahoe (PT/Alpine). I was thinking of getting the new enforcers in 94, but these would have a bigger separation in width (10 mm). They would almost fall between my Rallies (76 mm) and Enforcers (100mm &186cm, previous generation). And more than anything I want to suck less in bumps, and the rallies are too carvie, and the enforcers too big and heavy. Besides, your description makes them VERY Tempting. Edit: those two are my ONLY skis.

Now the size, I am thinking 179 or 183. At my height (6'1) and weight (180lbs), I am thinking the 179 may be too short with the twin rocker?

Thanks for any help! And I hope you come to Tahoe because we all owe you a few beers!!!! At least, I do!

I plan on using mine as a daily at PT/Alpine too! 5'10/178cm went with the 183 as most twin tips* have less effective edge. May be different with these ones as GregK pointed out but I didn't want to end up regretting going too short with the 179 (Made that regret twice this past year)

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier

172 or 178 for a 5’10” , probably 5’11” by February 15 year old? Pretty good skier.

Sponsor