• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Faction CT 1.0 for $222 a pair!

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@GregK The CT 1.0 will be the middle ski in my quiver. I have the Liberty V76 as my carving ski and a Icelantic Nomad 115 as my powder ski. The CT 1.0 will be used for 4-8” of fresh and the day after crud. I’m looking for more playful softer snow performance and am willing to sacrifice carving/firmer snow capability. I’ll be mounting the skis with Attack2 13 GW demo bindings and mounting at 1.5cm back from the Newschool line as suggested. Where do you think the best boot position would be for the performance I’m looking for? Of course’ I’ll play around with it a bit but wanted to get a starting point suggestion. Thanks!
Correct to mount the demo bindings -1.5cm and move forward or back from there.

Float/soft snow performance will be improved by going backwards to the -2.5cm to -3cm area. That position also improves carving and hard snow performance so they aren’t opposites.
You’d move forward from -1.5cm to pivot easier, ski switch better, be more balanced in the air and make the ski “ski shorter”. So basically if you were using mostly in the terrain park then you’d be close to the forward CT triangle.

Max float and stability is -3cm but -2.5cm gives up very little in the stability department for a bit quicker turn initiation so most people going -2.5cm for this ski. Larger skiers for the CT ski length will leave at -3cm to make it “ski longer”.

Pauldotcom

Booting up
Skier
Is this ski playful? I am on Rustler10 now, love the ski, don't love the tails, and am looking for something slightly shorter and thinner underfoot for east coast woods/bumps. I HATE the enforcer 100 just as a reference. Prefer poppy skis but do want a little power (R10). Thanks

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is this ski playful? I am on Rustler10 now, love the ski, don't love the tails, and am looking for something slightly shorter and thinner underfoot for east coast woods/bumps. I HATE the enforcer 100 just as a reference. Prefer poppy skis but do want a little power (R10). Thanks
All the 21 CT are very playful yet can charge when desired. Perfect east coast woods/bumps/groomer ski.

Not sure what you hate about the tails of the Rustler 10 but it and current Enforcer 100 have a more typical flex pattern of softer extreme tip/tail and then increasing rapidly in stiffness as you move to the peak underfoot. CT are stiffer tip/tail but less peaky underfoot so you don’t get tip deflection in crud yet are forgiving in bumps.

Longer effective edge compared to any Rustlers as well and likes speed more than the Rustler 9 or 10. Owned the 180cm Rustler 9 and 186cm Enforcer 93 and the 183cm CT 1.0 is more quiet, damp, stable, with better edge grip than either one but way more fun and playful.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an Attack 13 Demo on my CT 1.0 178 and Greg's mount point comments are always spot on. At -2.5cm to -3cm , they are grippy and engaging. Move them a bit more forward and they get progressively more pivoty. You can really dial in this ski to suit your preferred style, and/or personal Height/Weight/Limb dimensions, and/or snow conditions, and/or your mood that day. As I have Demos on all my skis, I may often take 2 or 3 runs then do a quick mount point adjustment depending on what I feel I have that day for the conditions presented me.

EG-NJ

Putting on skis
Skier
Has anyone with experience riding twin-tips tried the CT 1.0's mounted at Candide's recommended line (-1.8 from true center)? I just received a pair in 173cm (I'm 5' 8" and 145 pounds, preferring short turns in bumps and trees over high speeds on groomers) and likely will mount them at -1.5 from Candide's mount, but am curious what happens on that line. I rarely ski the park, but as an inline skater I prefer a neutral stance, steering by tilting my ankles sideways rather than driving my knees. I've skied 178cm Line Sir Francis Bacons mounted at -2cm from center (Eric Pollard's mount line) and also -4.5cm from center. The latter were slightly more stable but I needed to drive my knees a little, making them feel a bit sluggish, while the -2cm felt perfectly nimble, albeit a tad more nervous at speed but still fine since I rarely ski faster than 35mph. The CT 1.0 primarily will be used on hardpack days. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor