• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Faction CT 1.0 for $222 a pair!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well looks like my procrastination led me to miss out on the pair of 183’s for myself. I was ready to bite, the stiffer tip and tails, and heavier ski all sounded like pros to me.

I did snag a pair of the 178’s for the 16 year olds birthday next week though.
If you are still looking for the 183s keep an eye on the website. They did go out of stock last week only to reappear for a few days. You never know they might have a few pop up again.

Dafixison

Booting up
Skier
Mine just arrived. Got lucky with the rust issue. None found

I am 5'5" 160lb, a strong intermediate/advanced front side skiier. Currently skiing with Renoun Z90 at 165cm, which can get a little bit unweildly for me in the afternoon when I get a little tired. Hoping that these new shorter (158cm) skis would be more manageable. What mounting point would you recommend for someone like me who likes to make turns more than going super fast in a straight line?

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mine just arrived. Got lucky with the rust issue. None found

I am 5'5" 160lb, a strong intermediate/advanced front side skiier. Currently skiing with Renoun Z90 at 165cm, which can get a little bit unweildly for me in the afternoon when I get a little tired. Hoping that these new shorter (158cm) skis would be more manageable. What mounting point would you recommend for someone like me who likes to make turns more than going super fast in a straight line?
At that length the turning radius is 15m which is similar to the Z90 I think. Know the longest length of the Z90 was 15m but not sure if that changed with length on that ski.

For your size on that length I’d go -2.5cm back from the triangle. These skis don’t have the deep sidecut and tip/tail shape like the Z90 which is why they won’t pull you into a turn quite as hard but are WAY MORE friendly (much less catchy) on afternoon crud or grabby snow. You can drive them or relax and ski them more centered. Opposite of a tiring ski and you might find you’ll ski deeper into the afternoon with them.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Is this officially the longest thread in the Marketplace? hahah
No need for a “bump, still available…..” on this thread! :ogbiggrin:

Did a quick tune on my new CT 1.0 pairs today. Edges were fairly consistent and bases pretty flat but definitely improved them with some hand tuning. Will get them stone ground so they are perfectly flat and do a quick touch up and wax after.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They replied to my message last night….all good. Excellent, quick communication to my inquiry….

Thank you for your help…
Got my Pivots today….All is good to go/mounting on new Moment C98 when they come next month.

Would definitely buy from Corbett’s again…all worked out/packaged great…..for a really great price on Pivots.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not judging about skill or body image, but an 18 binding that starts at 8 is a LOT for most of us. There are definitely women who can use the 8-18, and you could be one of them, but based on your conversations here I found it unlikely. ;)
Hmm. I’m admittedly pretty clueless about bindings (I came to the right place, I know!). What differences in construction between the two matter?
@ilovepugs Don’t overthink it. I’m probably bigger than you and have skied 11 DIN bindings and have been perfectly fine. Never noticed a difference, really.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@bremmick Anyone who missed out on the 183cm CT 1.0 deals but still wants a similar playful ski with some backbone, Sierra.com has some 184cm Faction Prodigy 1.0(88mm) on for $249.99 with free shipping in the US.

Similar tip design to the CT 1.0 with a hair more taper but still a long effective edge. More traditional flex pattern, sidecut and mount point and a bit less rocker and tail splay than the CT 1.0. This ski is actually the same as the 22 CT 1.0 with a different top sheet.
Weight would be heavier than the similar M-Pro 84, Stance 84/90, Declivity 92 Ti and yet more playful. About 1900gr in the 184cmVery solid underfoot with a bit softer tip/tail flex.
Would be an insanely fun bump/East coast tree ski and daily driver for the East or West.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Late to the party. Just pulled the trigger 172cm. Need to go binding shopping.
$161 for STH2 13s from the same place. The orange would look pretty good on those and black works with anything.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Found Attack 13 Demo for $135 including shipping. Coming from the UK so who knows if they’ll make it. Great deal though. Looks like some pretty good deals on skis and other bindings as well.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Prosper I was eyeballing that site for a while. Let me know how it works out. I ended up ordering Attack 13 GWs from ebay for a little bit more.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Prosper I was eyeballing that site for a while. Let me know how it works out. I ended up ordering Attack 13 GWs from ebay for a little bit more.
I was a bit apprehensive since I’ve never heard of them but a 4.6 star Google rating from 1500+ reviewers can’t be wrong :).

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was a bit apprehensive since I’ve never heard of them but a 4.6 star Google rating from 1500+ reviewers can’t be wrong :).
I got the same price from a German company. I too was a bit skeptical but they arrived and the brakes fit so my kid will be good to go- after he gets new boots.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@GregK The CT 1.0 will be the middle ski in my quiver. I have the Liberty V76 as my carving ski and a Icelantic Nomad 115 as my powder ski. The CT 1.0 will be used for 4-8” of fresh and the day after crud. I’m looking for more playful softer snow performance and am willing to sacrifice carving/firmer snow capability. I’ll be mounting the skis with Attack2 13 GW demo bindings and mounting at 1.5cm back from the Newschool line as suggested. Where do you think the best boot position would be for the performance I’m looking for? Of course’ I’ll play around with it a bit but wanted to get a starting point suggestion. Thanks!

Sponsor

Staff online