• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Faction CT 1.0 for $222 a pair!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Corbetts is a very legit place and one of the biggest retailers out there.
Will reach out to my contact there to see what the scoop is as they usually ship within a few days max of receiving an order.
Just send Chris(ext 24) a message asking what’s up with the pivot orders. Call him if you don’t hear back tomorrow from them.
They replied to my message last night….all good. Excellent, quick communication to my inquiry….

Thank you for your help…

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I took mine out of the wrapper. There is no rust at all.

The edges are slightly higher than the base, a consistent sub 1/32 of light shined under the bar. I could probably take that down with a guide and medium stone, but it’s nothing reallly.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I usually use a fine mill bastard file pulled flat along the base to flatten any high spots before setting the base bevel angles. My original pair sound similar to yours and skied very well after hand tuning.
Got all my CT skis stone ground after the season so I think I might be re-discovering them this year as they are PERFECTLY flat now.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The House offered the following options to me for my rusty edges:

1). If you are willing to keep the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21, we can issue a 15% refund back to your Credit/Debit Card

2). If you are willing to keep the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21, we can reimburse you with a 20% House Gift Card.

3). If you are willing to keep the skis, and take them to a shop to get tuned, we can issue a reimbursement for the tune. (send a copy of receipt, and after picture).

4). We will send a FREE RETURN LABEL, to return the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21 for a refund/replacement if available

I’m going to go with option #3. A full tune costs me more than $30. I can get my local shop to run them through their Wintersteiger machine.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
The House offered the following options to me for my rusty edges:

1). If you are willing to keep the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21, we can issue a 15% refund back to your Credit/Debit Card

2). If you are willing to keep the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21, we can reimburse you with a 20% House Gift Card.

3). If you are willing to keep the skis, and take them to a shop to get tuned, we can issue a reimbursement for the tune. (send a copy of receipt, and after picture).

4). We will send a FREE RETURN LABEL, to return the FACTION CANDIDE 1.0 MEN'S SKIS 158CM '21 for a refund/replacement if available

I’m going to go with option #3. A full tune costs me more than $30. I can get my local shop to run them through their Wintersteiger machine.
Good call! Excited to hear your thoughts on the ski!

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good call! Excited to hear your thoughts on the ski!
After I got the response from The House I unwrapped and scraped the rust with a gummy stone. Looks like the rust I was most worried about (Pic #1 with potential rust under the Ptex) came off.

Here’s another question while I’m noodling over my Faction setup. Corbetts hasn’t shipped my pivots yet. Wonder if I should switch to the Salomon STH. I’ve never had an 18 DIN binding before and I would probably need a DIN setting on the lower end. I’m heavy enough to justify a higher setting…… but I don’t ski that aggressively by any means.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I personally decided to simply pony up for any tunes, etc., and ask for nothing, given how low the price is. My decision of course, and I am absolutely not judging others' decisions. But I feel like they need to have some margin if they are going to survive, and the price I paid is way low already
:hug:

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skis arrived today and like others they were poorly packed Two boxes taped together with the skis thrown in. How much can a wrap of bubble wrap on the tail and tip cost? Fair amount of rust on the edges but seems to come off for the most part with a gummy stone. Seems to be a little gap between the edge and the base on the tail… reason for concern? 339AF66A-F5C0-42B6-8004-AF16B378A17E.jpeg

Attachments

• 9ADFF5AA-1B29-45F8-980F-41316A4ADDFB.jpeg
    9ADFF5AA-1B29-45F8-980F-41316A4ADDFB.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 12
  • BE63522B-82DC-4E93-9957-1EF023A41E3B.jpeg
    BE63522B-82DC-4E93-9957-1EF023A41E3B.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 12

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here’s another question while I’m noodling over my Faction setup. Corbetts hasn’t shipped my pivots yet. Wonder if I should switch to the Salomon STH. I’ve never had an 18 DIN binding before and I would probably need a DIN setting on the lower end. I’m heavy enough to justify a higher setting…… but I don’t ski that aggressively by any means.

The pivot 18 starts on an 8.

You can get an idea of your DIN setting using a online DIN calculator.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’ve never had an 18 DIN binding before and I would probably need a DIN setting on the lower end. I’m heavy enough to justify a higher setting…… but I don’t ski that aggressively by any means.
Was wondering your normal DIN as these start at 8.

The advantage of the pivot is it’s short mounting template allowing the ski to flex more naturally. Also very flat toe to heel and now standing height.

If you’re below 8 DIN, maybe swap for the 23 Pivot 12 instead as I’m sure they would be able to do a similar price on that. About 100gr lighter than the Pivot 18 too.

ilovepugs

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was wondering your normal DIN as these start at 8.

The advantage of the pivot is it’s short mounting template allowing the ski to flex more naturally. Also very flat toe to heel and now standing height.

If you’re below 8 DIN, maybe swap for the 23 Pivot 12 instead as I’m sure they would be able to do a similar price on that. About 100gr lighter than the Pivot 18 too.
I don’t want to derail too much but I thought I saw @Philpug suggest the STH? Honestly, at my skill level, I doubt I could take overmuch advantage of the Pivots. I don’t really know much about the STH although orange ones would look pretty slick on these.

I’ll keep the Pivot 18s, anyway. My husband (who’s 6’4”) will surely be able to find a use for them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don’t want to derail too much but I thought I saw @Philpug suggest the STH? Honestly, at my skill level, I doubt I could take overmuch advantage of the Pivots. I don’t really know much about the STH although orange ones would look pretty slick on these.
If you don't want to deal with the quirkiness of the Pivot, the Sth2 is a great option. Note, they are no longer in the line as a 13 so it is a matter of finding them on the discount rack...in the color you will want. For anyone interested I have ONE pair of 90mm Sth brakes so if you only find a 100 or 115, I have what you need.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
If you have someone that can use those Pivot 18s, then go that route and you get something else then. As Phil said, hard to find deals on STH 16 right now and that’s kinda getting into another beefy binding too.

Thinking a Warden 13 might be a good idea instead. Have those on a deal at Corbetts still in a 90mm brake and have either black, gold/black or red/black. We decided on another thread that the red/black Wardens look better than the red STH 16 so you’d still be styling! Haha

Not a thread derail at all as we are still taking about bindings for on sale skis!

9E5C2ED0-6FB2-45D7-A419-F3FD86267EA8.png 99D4F83C-D218-4E9D-ABE6-24F879962DBB.png

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Seems to be a little gap between the edge and the base on the tail… reason for concern?
Not a concern as there’s just fibreglass and plastic tip spacer in that area, so water isn’t going to get in anywhere. The first time/every time they are waxed it’s going to fill that area anyway.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I usually use a fine mill bastard file pulled flat along the base to flatten any high spots before setting the base bevel angles. My original pair sound similar to yours and skied very well after hand tuning.
Got all my CT skis stone ground after the season so I think I might be re-discovering them this year as they are PERFECTLY flat now.
Do you run the file perpendicular to the edges? I mean perpendicular to the length of the ski.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Did my DIN calculation — I’m good with Warden 11s and think the red and black would look sliiiiick on the Factions.

Personally I'd go with the STHs or if you prefer the wardens get the 13s for the extra $35. It's not about the DIN, it's about their construction.

Reactions: BC.
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Do you run the file perpendicular to the edges? I mean perpendicular to the length of the ski.
Light pressure pulling tip to tail and the file will resist on any high edge spots. Work any resisting area, lifting between each pass and cleaning the file and ski base area often. Should easily glide over that spot when corrected.

229CB811-6FBB-4362-AE2A-779B23AAFBC4.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After I got the response from The House I unwrapped and scraped the rust with a gummy stone. Looks like the rust I was most worried about (Pic #1 with potential rust under the Ptex) came off.

18 seems a bit high for someone your size.
Just my 2 cents.
For instance, I set mine at 7, and the Pivot 18 starts at 8.

Sponsor