• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fatigue Resistance

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These kind of findings illustrate why we actually race, rather than trading power files, then adjourning to the coffee and waffle tent.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Yup..Stanley Cup happens on the ice, not on paper.. Who can keep grinding day after day, hour after hour.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The biggest thing I found for maintaining fatigue resistance was proper power loading, hydration maintenance and lactic acid avoidance.

Power Loading through a protein (meats and fats) then carbo diet, starting about 2 days prior to the event, proteins are the long term energy, carbo the initial short term.

Hydration maintenance and lactic acid avoidance is covered with my favorite Cyto-max (found it in the mid 90’s and it was heavily promoted in the bike magazines) IMHO it is still the best and I’ve tried lots of different ones. Two big things I like is it hydrates without feeling water logged and sloshy along with preventing muscle fatigue and lactic acid build up.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Interesting..although not really surprising..

Nothing new in the article. Heck, it's just a re-hash of what we've seen in individual athletes. Here is NBC, reporting on Jolanda Neff's lack of drop-off in muscle torque, way back in 2017:

But, hey, confirmation work is important work, and it doesn't get credited enough. So good job on that score.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Lactic acid does effect recover, build up and crystallization tears muscle fibers, ie muscle pain after a workout.

You lost me at "lactic acid:" "Lactic acid" is basically the good guy, shedding an atom and helping ADP become ATP.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You lost me at "lactic acid:" "Lactic acid" is basically the good guy, shedding an atom and helping ADP become ATP.
While this is absolutely correct, the elephant in the room is that when it crystallizes it shreds muscle slowing down strength, hence the pain several days later. Prevent that it is a better be development.

Fatigue is also cause by drop in O2 levels in the blood stream VOmax and VO, yes I do understand these things. Short of blood doping these levels are max out based on genetics.

So performance and fatigue can be controlled by things that you can legally and ethically in sports that you can control. How you recover and suffer is one of those things.

Subjectively, anyone that I’ve introduced to this, is surprised by the positive results.

Believe or not, is your gain or loss. How this effects you is all in your prospective and is not a question of right or wrong.

Sponsor

Staff online