• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Feet getting really fatigued while skiing very steep bumps

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
You prefer lactate build up?

You've stumbled onto one of @martyg 's pet peeves.

I'll sum up: lactate has nothing to do with muscle soreness and actually helps move energy about during aerobically challenging work; this has been known for going on 40 years, yet people still persist in calling it that.

Not one of my triggers, fortunately. I reserve that level of committed disgust for people who draw teardrop-shaped raindrops ( we've known that they actually look like hamburgers longer than we've known about continental drift) and for people who call my Bonts 'Rollerblades'.

TS
Rdputnam515

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
You've stumbled onto one of @martyg 's pet peeves.

I'll sum up: lactate has nothing to do with muscle soreness and actually helps move energy about during aerobically challenging work; this has been known for going on 40 years, yet people still persist in calling it that.

Not one of my triggers, fortunately. I reserve that level of committed disgust for people who draw teardrop-shaped raindrops ( we've known that they actually look like hamburgers longer than we've known about continental drift) and for people who call my Bonts 'Rollerblades'.
Okay then, do we all agree surpassing lactate clearance threshold and H+ ion accumulation exist In an anaerobic environment?

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I was so upset with this thread that I went downstairs to talk to my 2021 Faction CT 3.0 skis...

Fast asleep, encased in their summer storage wax and fresh 1/3 tune, I spoke to them soothingly to make sure they were not offended. Purchased at discount (rescued really) they're a bit skittish, but like a wild horse that's never been saddled I've made a connection with them that transcends the normal bond between man and ski.

I speak, because I can, but they assured me without a word that next year, any terrain and in any snow condition they would carry me victoriously to the bottom of the lift in a manner that will far exceed my abilities.

Tin Pants

Putting on skis
Skier
this weekend while skiing very steep bumps my feet were getting extremely fatigued to the point of what I would compare to lactic acid buildup and burn. really strange.

never happens when skiing black type steep runs, first time this has ever happened to me.

anyone ever heard of this or had this happen to them? I am suggesting something must be off in my technique. Perhaps the steepness and size of the bumps freaked me out enough where I tightened up the muscles in my feet too much? Edging too hard to keep my speed down, I dunno.

No leg fatigue, just my feet.

Just looking for things to watch technique wise, and think about as I head out again next week

thanks!

Tin Pants

Putting on skis
Skier
I get that sometimes especially in cruddy grabby fresh snow that challenges my balance, your feet are your base of support nd is where your balance comes from all the small muscles in your feet are firing searching for balance, if they are not used to that they get tired and crampy quickly, loose boots could add to that bumps also challenge your balance

Sponsor

Staff online