• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Find my pants

James

Out There
Instructor
Pair it with yellow and you have Pantone's 2021 selection:

CA661033-2EC9-406B-B31D-A128AEC5FC42.jpeg

Oslo Airport never got the memo about the yellow part. They went all grey.
You know, because it’s so blindingly bright and sunny all the time in Oslo.

Solution- Fischer could do a display of their yellow bases outside. Pilots would have to arrive by tunnel so they weren’t snow blinded and unable to fly.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Oslo Airport never got the memo about the yellow part. They went all grey.
You know, because it’s so blindingly bright and sunny all the time in Oslo.

Solution- Fischer could do a display of their yellow bases outside. Pilots would have to arrive by tunnel so they weren’t snow blinded and unable to fly.

For whatever reason, this post made me think of Bermuda roofs.

1660154108880.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think Astana and Mercatone Uno have subliminally* affected your colour sense ;)

Dunno about that. I still think celeste and yellow are only good looking together because of the legendary status of the rider of that Bianchi. It is very difficult for me to combine celeste with another colour except for white and black. All the other combinations sorta cheapen the celeste.

Perhaps purple, but then the celeste should only be an accent.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Dunno about that. I still think celeste and yellow are only good looking together because of the legendary status of the rider of that Bianchi.

None of this is a strong argument against my contention ;)

It is very difficult for me to combine celeste with another colour except for white and black.

oh right, I forgot about the Ullrich Bianchi team ;)

Perhaps purple, but then the celeste should only be an accent.

There is a possibility over in indigo.

Real colour cognoscenti like @LiquidFeet are going to be matching colour and value to the dark/shadow areas, and I suspect my (our?) being used to sporty palettes has probably completely destroyed aptitude for that level of seeing colour.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since people are talking about using team colors, why not look at the Miami Dolphins colors. They are similar to the jacket and some of the parts that have been highlighted.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I vote for some version of yellow.

Did you hear that @cantunamunch ?Did you hear that? The lady has spoken.

Who are then the discerning cognoscenti with an eye to the fine and beautiful stuff in life? We are! :ogbiggrin:

1661341502543.png

And if we proceed with discussing matching helmets, just take a minute and marvel at the magnificence of this piece of art:

1661341603525.png

I love you POC! I love you so much that I will gladly give you 250 of my precious euros to own this.
This is the colour I have been looking for ever since the untimely demise of my beloved Smith Quantum Hornet yellow last season.

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you hear that @cantunamunch ?Did you hear that? The lady has spoken.

Who are then the discerning cognoscenti with an eye to the fine and beautiful stuff in life? We are! :ogbiggrin:

View attachment 176315

And if we proceed with discussing matching helmets, just take a minute and marvel at the magnificence of this piece of art:

View attachment 176316

I love you POC! I love you so much that I will gladly give you 250 of my precious euros to own this.
This is the colour I have been looking for ever since the untimely demise of my beloved Smith Quantum Hornet yellow last season.
I wouldn’t have chosen a bright yellow helmet but Pret yellow helmets were on sale last pre-season. They were Pret’s cheapest version without even a magnetic chin strip, just the traditional clip. And now it’s my favorite helmet. You just have to be careful with paired colors. Or not…

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You are like ... the Nichiren of yellow. :mask:

Nah, that guy was totally wrong. The Lotus sutra cannot be the highest truth by definition. Simply because it was never spoken by The Buddha himself.
But I digress.

Yellow is great-my all time favourite football team sports yellow and black, it is a colour that makes you feel good. And very few combinations are on the same level of beauty in my eyes as yellow and purple. And purple is my absolutely favourite colour. Might have been a Roman senator in previous life who knows. Or simply ate too much Milka chocolate. :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online