• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Finesse and Power?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My understanding of this discussion is that finesse means "a little bit less ski" and power means "a little bit more ski"
I find that the Stockli Stormrider 88 is more if a finesse ski than say a Kastle MX88, I don't think that makes it a lesser ski. I using that example because finesse could easily be dismissed as you say a lesser ski.
You could be a beginner skier who demonstrates finesse (or power) but would still be incapable of skiing a powerful narrow ski outside its design brief.
Very true.

James

Out There
Instructor
And the once upon a time Scott Schmidt or Dominique Perret Stockli’s were not meant as a finesse ski. I think they were 88mm too, but big mountain.

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
I find that the Stockli Stormrider 88 is more if a finesse ski than say a Kastle MX88, I don't think that makes it a lesser ski. I using that example because finesse could easily be dismissed as you say a lesser ski.

What are the difference on snow between these two skis? One is more turny than the other?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What are the difference on snow between these two skis? One is more turny than the other?
The SR is softer and more balanced in flex and the shape is a little more progressice with more gradual rise and some taper. The Kastle is more traditional in shape with a squarer tail and tip, although an evolution from earlier MX's.

Sponsor

Staff online