• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fingerless Road Gloves

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Perfect. Thanks.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
goes back to fitting that cockpit up correctly. Hbars positioned correctly took a lot of stress off my hands and wrists. Also, look at you arm position; elbows in will reduce strain and also save a few watts :) I'm sure you know but on the road change up your hand position every few miles.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eh, how about if I post a youtube vid in the meantime?

Obvious complicating factors will be: too short or too long a cockpit, bar curvature.

Thank you for this! I watched then really paid attention to it on my ride yesterday as I have a professional fit scheduled for Saturday. I suspect I need a shorter stem and/or a handle bar rotation and/or moving the hoods.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW I've ended up with the Castelli Arenberg glove. (Thanks, @epic.) The pads are in the right places for my hands, and are a nice consistency. Note: on both pairs I had to do some careful surgery (not serge-ery) on excess seam material in the thumb area, inside out, to relieve intrusive hotspots. After that, very nice.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Starting to ride earlier in the season, more often and longer, so putting on more wear than usual.
Just order three pairs of gloves for the new season. 2x Castelli Arenberg and 1 Pearl Elite.

Here's good health to everyone.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Starting to ride earlier in the season, more often and longer, so putting on more wear than usual.
Just order three pairs of gloves for the new season. 2x Castelli Arenberg and 1 Pearl Elite.

Here's good health to everyone.

Let us know how you like the Arenbergs. I just got the Unlimiteds and they are great.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've never found a better fingerless glove than the Specialized Grail.

And I'm a Trek guy! :geek:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Any specific gloves Pugs get excited about? I have about four miscellaneous pairs. They all have seen much better days and honestly I'm not thrilled with any of them in terms of long distance comfort or numbness prevention. I need to buy a couple new pair that don't have holes.
Not fingerless and not road, but these home depot specials are working for me in a pinch out here in UT. Good for gardening and painting too. :duck:
bike glove.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
A light leather pair of riding gloves are surprisingly comfortable in spring or fall (when hands would be too cold otherwise), and while not up to the task of avoiding road rash at high motorcycling speeds, are great at the speeds I ride my bicycle at (less than SG speeds).

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
... as are pretty any light riding/xc ski/ bc ski full fingered glove riding in temps below 50f. We're talking fingerless here.

Anyhow, anyone here prefer less padding for road biking? I do for sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm an outlier.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to have a pair of Spenco gloves. Lycra back, leather palm with a thin layer of Spenco gel. Really nice on long rides, took away a lot of the small vibrations. Don't know if you can still get them