• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Fire at indoor Big Snow NJ

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am looking at going sometime this summer, need to continue my ski months streak somehow!
Send me a PM if you make a plan to go. I could use one of my two hour tickets.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
No it is science XX or XY anything else is personal choice. People can make that choice it is up to them, just not my choice.
The counterargument is that it is absolutely not personal choice. The chromosome is XX or XY but some hormone, etc in their brain is mismatched leading them to identify differently. I don't think all that many people would choose to be the opposite of what their chromosomes indicate, and take hormones, etc. for purely lifestyle/personal choice reasons. The science is not nearly that simplistic. And no, I'm not some woke social justice warrior.

Regardless, whether the SkiDivas would be accepting is a whole other ball of wax.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would be up for a gathering if it coincides with when I am here in PA. Would probably have to be early July...by then our house will be on the market but I'll still probably be hanging out until mid-July. After that, unless the housing market completely tanks, I'll be in NC, that's a bit too far for 2 hours of skiing LOL.
If I decide to do a solo run, I'll post up here in case anyone wants to meet up

James

Out There
Instructor
This gets weirder all the time.

Geez, first we “couldn’t” go to Taos because the Divas were going to use up all the instructors. Now we can’t go ski indoors at a mall in Jersey for two hours because the Divas are using up the slope.

Let’s just shut down the site and let the Divas run it.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
...wondering if they rent the place for parties, enough of us and maybe we could do it, along with getting them to strategically snow blow groom the place as a mogul run:daffy:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
This is one step beyond XC snowboarding. It's the new fangled sport of uphill snowboarding.

I know the camera will usually flatten out the slope, but that advanced steeper than it looks trail appears to go uphill.
I think it's an uphill view. Unfortunately I don't have a downhill view. You should go check it out. You live nearby. Jersey is calling and you must go.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Isn't that the bottom terminal of the lift? I don't see a rail there.

Too far for me for 2 hours. But then I didn't go into GTA for the rolling slope years ago either. And CSIA got us a discount.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I think it's an uphill view. Unfortunately I don't have a downhill view. You should go check it out. You live nearby. Jersey is calling and you must go.
For a down hill view see post #51 on page 3.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So you would not come to a summer gathering there?

I may contemplate the possibility as the summer wears on.
Right now, I am two weeks out from a 120+ day season with a great ending at Mammoth. As I have said, not that desperate yet. :beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online