• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Ranger 107 Ti vs Nordica Enforcer Free Series?

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
I know the new Ranger series is out, but I've been really enjoying the "older" Ranger 107 Ti and wanted to get a thread going.

I ski the measly 175cm. I'm M/173cm/79kg. and an intermediate/advanced skiier. I LOVE these skis, their edge hold and stability.

I ski mostly in the PNW, so lots of chunky snow. I like exploring different trails, so I end up in moguls and trees sometimes. These skis are manageable there, but clearly these skis are designed for open bowls and straight line ripping. They crush through any type of snow with no issues, except rock solid ice chunks :roflmao:

I have 2 questions for the community:
-Should I upgrade to a 182cm Ranger 107ti? I'm considering this because of the relatively short radius of the Ranger to begin with, and I carry a pack sometimes which adds another 10kg. What lengths do you usually ski?
-How do they compare to the Nordica Enforcer series? I think they are most similar to the "Free" series, is that so? There are so many Enforcer versions now it's getting confusing.

Pic for attention

20220310_131144_05.jpg

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Magikarp
The outgoing Ranger ti series were good skis, a bit burly compared to their original versions but definitely solid skis. They did ski quite short which was big complaint that people were lost on which size to ski. I myself felt that way and went back and forth but ultimately settled on longer. If you can find a good deal on them, absolutely go for it!

If we are talking about the new Rangers or even the outgoing Ranger free series then stay true to your normal size, they ski great and have nothing but amazing things to say about the new Rangers. Floaty, fun, surfy and powerful when you need it. The new 108 is on the top of my list for western daily skis.

Next we talk about comparing the Nordica’s. The Enforcers do have a lot going on but unless it has a “free” with its name the skis are directional chargers. Heavy, powerful, carving crud busters. Unless you have the weight to sustain that leg work all day I usually tell people they can find that excitement in a lot of other skis.
The 104 and other “free” skis share construction of the other Enforcers but that’s really it, they are certainly more surfy and playful but they are heavy, I really liked the 104 and even owned a pair for a while but the weight really got to me. If you like more of a twin style ski with lots of added horsepower the 104 is awesome.

I think you won’t necessarily go wrong with any of the mentioned skis in the west as that was the target market. Just know that the Nordica free is more of the directional twin that’s got some muscle, while the Fischer just wants to ski hard and has a little rise in the tail to aid you through trees and off piste.

TS
Magikarp

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
@Magikarp
The outgoing Ranger ti series were good skis, a bit burly compared to their original versions but definitely solid skis. They did ski quite short which was big complaint that people were lost on which size to ski. I myself felt that way and went back and forth but ultimately settled on longer. If you can find a good deal on them, absolutely go for it!
Thanks for this, could you share the length you went with for the 107ti and you usual lengths of skis and personal stats?

It's funny you say they ski short because the Blister review says they ski a little long. I don't have enough experience to tell what's long and short.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for this, could you share the length you went with for the 107ti and you usual lengths of skis and personal stats?

It's funny you say they ski short because the Blister review says they ski a little long. I don't have enough experience to tell what's long and short.

All my stats can be found in my profile but I’m 5’7” and 155ish pounds (a little less pre covid :roflmao:) I usually ski a 170ish ski as my daily and skied those Rangers in the 175 and 182 but ultimately stuck with the 182. The Ranger FR series I was on the 170 and the new 108 I’m on the 171 as I skied the 178 and it was just too big for what I felt I wanted daily.
The Nordica 104 free I tested in 179 but owned the 172. It just really comes down to personal preference.

Everyone has their own experiences but I just felt like with all the rocker up front in the old Rangers I could ski them long.

TS
Magikarp

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
All my stats can be found in my profile but I’m 5’7” and 155ish pounds (a little less pre covid :roflmao:) I usually ski a 170ish ski as my daily and skied those Rangers in the 175 and 182 but ultimately stuck with the 182. The Ranger FR series I was on the 170 and the new 108 I’m on the 171 as I skied the 178 and it was just too big for what I felt I wanted daily.
The Nordica 104 free I tested in 179 but owned the 172. It just really comes down to personal preference.

Everyone has their own experiences but I just felt like with all the rocker up front in the old Rangers I could ski them long.
Oh that's interesting, so you skied the 102 FR (the old pink ones?) in a 170, but the 107 Ti in a 182?

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh that's interesting, so you skied the 102 FR (the old pink ones?) in a 170, but the 107 Ti in a 182?

Yup, that being said I could easily ski the old FR and the new Ranger in the 177 and 176 but I just prefer the shorter ones for daily use. When I first get my Rangers I don’t have a choice but to go longer due to production timing.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Next we talk about comparing the Nordica’s. The Enforcers do have a lot going on but unless it has a “free” with its name the skis are FRIENDLY, directional SEMI-chargers. Heavy, powerful, carving crud busters.

Revised, per my experience at 195 pounds and 6'2".

Directional? Certainly, thank goodness.

Pure charger? I'm going with "not quite".

TS
Magikarp

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
Yup, that being said I could easily ski the old FR and the new Ranger in the 177 and 176 but I just prefer the shorter ones for daily use. When I first get my Rangers I don’t have a choice but to go longer due to production timing.
Have you or anybody else tried different mount points? Or did you go on the recommended line?

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you or anybody else tried different mount points? Or did you go on the recommended line?

One the Nordica 104 I mounted them at +2cm from the line and they skied a bit more freestyle and centered.
On the Ranger 102 FR, 115 FR as well as the 94 FR I mounted at +4cm from the line. That felt like the absolute best in my opinion. Gave it all the characteristics of a freestyle ski with plenty of room for directional skiing.

The new Ranger series I have directly on the mounting line right now because of the shaped Ti and not having enough time to play with them.

Those older Rangers I have not moved the mounting at all. They skied great on the line.