• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Fischer RC4 The Curv GT 130 Vacuum Walk boot

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps I have my boot concepts confused but how can a 100mm boot be considered a "low volume" boot. I was always under the impression that a LV boot was say 98mm or less in last width.
In the reference size 26.5 it's a 96.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Perhaps I have my boot concepts confused but how can a 100mm boot be considered a "low volume" boot. I was always under the impression that a LV boot was say 98mm or less in last width.

Your not confused. The 26.5 is usually a reference size and a bit narrower .

in the case of 27.5 the MV is 101mm the HV is 103mm

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I'm fortunate the boots are very comfy as is though one of these days I may try the vacuum feature. If it's not broke fix it until it is!
When I got my Head Advant-Edge 125 boots heat molded I was told the process tends to give the foot a bit more room and since I have a large volume foot, that was good reason to proceed with the heat mold. I eventually got the shells punched at the big toe as well.

I suspect Fischer's Vacuum fit produces similar results.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Phat Maxx strap had to go, it has zero give and I thought it made the boot feel dead.
Long Term Update: After skiing the The Curv quite a few more times this year I rustled up a pair of used Raptor straps and put them on in place of the stock Fischer straps. Fischer, are you listening? WAY better response with the elastic strap. Even though I can't get it on the tongue only, the difference with the Raptor Booster brand strap over the cuff is quite noticeable. I felt like the the tongue of the boot was against my shin much better without having to crank it down. I skied bumps, some light duty groomers, and a little bit of spring like snow at Palisades today and felt more in control everywhere. Definitely an upgrade that is worth it.

Last edited:

Michael H

Booting up
Skier
my normal boot/boots are Lange RX and RS 130's. Many pairs of Lange's over many years with different bladders both foamed up and in the past few seasons just stock liners which have improved immensely. A couple of prodigal-son boots that strayed me from the path of Lange righteousness have been a Tecnica Explosion 10 with their foam bladder, a couple iterations of the Krypton 130's, and some black stealthy looking Fischer 130's during the 18/19 season that showed amazing promise.
As a season comes to a close a new one with new dreams is just beginning in my mind and with the sales that abound on 22/23' seasons boots, I say let the games begin for science's sake of course.
Just acquired a pair of Fischer Curv GT 130's 22/23 blue/yellow jobbies and will be picking up a pair of Salomon S/Pro Alpha 130 EL's. My stoke engine is being re-fueled.