• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Poll Fischer Scan Fit, scan your foot, check your measurements

How accurate is your boot fit according to Fischer Scan-Fit App?

• App recommends slightly bigger (.5cm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The App is good, I know my boots are wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
My scan shows correct length and ball width. I don't have the measurement to compare in other spots. I have a big difference between left and right heel width. I'll try again tomorrow.

TS
raytseng

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I don't think it's generally apple/android , unless you just have a terrible smartphone that takes bad pictures. Mine is with a samsung galaxy 9 and turned out fine.

Look more that your paper is truly flat on the floor, and truly standard size. I've found the measurement also can get really wonky if if you're moving or resetting your foot inbetween the pictures or shifting your body to line up the shot.

How you place your leg seems makes a difference too. I assume they want leg at 90degrees neutral, if you push your foot forward or back; it will change the results, especially the heel measurement.

I've also just discovered you can spin the model of foot in the results, f you enjoy seeing what your 3d foot looks like. Turns out we all have webbed toes according to Fischer...

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Downloaded, going to check it out!

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've tried this about 6-7 times, the 1st time it came out ok but I was curious what the tolerances were and baffled by how the app recommended low volume boots, which doesn't jive with any past boot fitter work so I tried it again. Now all I get is an "error" message that says my foot are significantly different sizes; they are not.

I wish there was a little more time to get the camera aligned before the pic is taken, unless they have some image correction built in so long as the dot and the paper are aligned. IDK...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...baffled by how the app recommended low volume boots...
All I could get the app to do was take me to Fischer's boot page, not suggest any particular boot. Maybe it's doing the same for you and that's just the first one listed?

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the one measurement that did work (and seems reasonable) I show 288.9/281.8 and I wear a 28.5 boot, but the ball width is 112/112.9 and the Fischer boots they suggest have a 96mm last. :eek:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Is this a step on the way towards custom delivery of 3D printed liners and shells?

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
I was expecting the app to get it wrong because multiple people in the past have measured my feet and told me I should be in a 23.5 boot. My current bootfitter was the first one to measure my feet and tell me there was "no way" i should be in a 23.5, and indeed I've been happy in a 22.5 (which still feels borderline large at times!).

This seems consistent ish with my experiences - 22.5 boots, 98mm stated last (actually 90mm in that size) which are still not narrow enough so i've had to add extra material to improve my foot hold.

LeftRight
Length224.4224.0
Ball Width87.785.2
Instep Height60.961.0
Navicular Height37.438.8
Heel Width54.355.6

I just wish it would give me some real Fischer boot recommendations based on the measurement, that would be pretty cool. It only takes me to a generic page of alpine boots, most of which don't even run small enough to fit me!

James

Out There
Instructor
Dodge Boots has bern using an app line this for awhile. When we were there in 2019 they scanned some of us. Going to have to find it.

Yes, they do bootwork from the scans.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I just wish it would give me some real Fischer boot recommendations based on the measurement, that would be pretty cool. It only takes me to a generic page of alpine boots, most of which don't even run small enough to fit me!

The full shop version of the Fischer 3D scan system does provide recommendations for boots. And not just from Fischer, it actually works across multiple manufacturers (Fischer buys the database of 3D shell scans from another company). This truly is the future of ski boot fitting (along with 3D printing of custom shells).

You'll find this system commonly in shops in Europe and I got the chance to try it at the ski show last season.

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
The full shop version of the Fischer 3D scan system does provide recommendations for boots. And not just from Fischer, it actually works across multiple manufacturers (Fischer buys the database of 3D shell scans from another company). This truly is the future of ski boot fitting (along with 3D printing of custom shells).

You'll find this system commonly in shops in Europe and I got the chance to try it at the ski show last season.

Ahh I see, that's really cool! I wonder if it's made its way to New Zealand? I don't expect I'll need new boots for a little while yet but maybe this system will be commonplace by the time I am ready to replace my current shells...

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
I recently found out about this app, and having the curiosity to measure my feet, installed it and tried.
Got confirmations of relative dimensions of my feet (right being wider but shorter than left). Measurements seem more precise on multi lens smartphone devices (e.g. Galaxy A51 vs iphone XR).
Has anyone used it, even if just for fun (I certainly not insinuating that this app could replace a bootfitter) or to get a general idea of one's feet dimensions?
Any other app available around like this?

Last edited:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
this thing is cool! both me & gf tried it, seems to have nailed both of us!

me on s10e, her on iphone something.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
this thing is cool! both me & gf tried it, seems to have nailed both of us!

me on s10e, her on iphone something.
Getting a pair of fitting ski boots should not involved getting nailed by phones. I hope it’s iPhone SE instead of iPad Pro.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
These are the measurements taken with an A51 Samsung (Multiple Lenses Camera)
LeftRight
Length262.2257.9
Ball Width102.1103.5
Instep Height70.772.8
Navicular Height45.046.9
Heel Width67.166.1

And these taken with an iphone XR (Single Lens Camera), 1st attempt
LeftRight
Length266263
Ball Width101104
Instep Height7071
Navicular Height4344
Heel Width6768

2nd attempt
LeftRight
Length267261
Ball Width103104
Instep Height7372
Navicular Height4645
Heel Width7069
I am not totally convinced I followed the right procedure for the measurements with the iPhone (did it twice and got different and somehow contrasting results), might need to try again, still the "general" direction is congruent. What also baffles me is that iPhone provides only whole numbers (not decimals)...am I doing something wrong in the setting too? (I have seen no setting into the app, to approximate the measurements, IMHO if it is so - the possibility to apporximatee to whole numbers, it would render the app useless)

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Sorry to bump old thread, but just saw this mentioned by @raytseng on another thread.

I know it's been stated before, I know width is stated based on a certain size boot (26.5?) but how much does the actual width grow per size up?

I'm in a Rossi LV model in a 27.5, Trying to figure out what the width of the 27.5 would be.

IMG_0823.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online