• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Ski Availability

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I went into last fall looking for some Fischer S-bound 98's in 198cm. Our local Fischer dealer was never able to get them nor could I find them online. I was told Fischer was still trying to catch up from their factory burning down, covid stoppage, and huge covid demands. I get it! Now that same factory is literally in a war zone, and not producing skis. I get it! I've got another set on order from the same local dealer for next year. I don't see how they will actually show up. My question is, will the bosses at Fischer eventually make some kind of decision and out source the production of their skis to Asia or somewhere? I'd prefer not to get the skis vs getting some kind of scab ski made by k2 or something...

Anyone have any insight?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I went into last fall looking for some Fischer S-bound 98's in 198cm. Our local Fischer dealer was never able to get them nor could I find them online. I was told Fischer was still trying to catch up from their factory burning down, covid stoppage, and huge covid demands. I get it! Now that same factory is literally in a war zone, and not producing skis. I get it! I've got another set on order from the same local dealer for next year. I don't see how they will actually show up. My question is, will the bosses at Fischer eventually make some kind of decision and out source the production of their skis to Asia or somewhere? I'd prefer not to get the skis vs getting some kind of scab ski made by k2 or something...

Anyone have any insight?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Fischer is the largest ski manufacturer in the world. They make a lot of skis for other brands. I'd be shocked if things would reverse where others like a K2 would make skis for them. I also would be shocked if Fischer opened up a factory in Asia. They have shifted more production in Austria. I wouldn't worry about a scab Fischer ski.

Last edited:
TS
chris_the_wrench

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
its available locally here and lots of places, I can check who can ship to us?
Really? I checked several places in Europe with no luck, but YES if you see them someplace that ships to the US please let me know!!!
Thanks

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter