• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fischer Sports US welcomes Olympic gold medalist Deb Armstrong to ambassador ranks for winter 2021/22

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Fischer Sports US welcomes Olympic gold medalist Deb Armstrong to ambassador ranks for winter 2021/22

AUBURN, NH.—Fischer Sports US announces the addition of Olympic gold medalist Deb Armstrong to the Alpine ambassador ranks for winter 2021/22.

Born in Seattle, Wash., Armstrong dedicated her early skiing career to racing, with GS her discipline of choice on the slopes. After tallying National Championship wins and making the Olympic team in 1984 and 1988—winning gold in Sarajevo—she transitioned to ski education, becoming a member of the Taos Ski Valley Ambassador team in 1999 and nabbing a spot on the highly-sought-after PSIA National Demo Team 2004.

From there she moved to Steamboat Springs where she first became the technical director at the Steamboat Spring Ski School followed by a position as the Alpine Director for the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club in 2008.

Armstrong remains a Steamboat resident with her partner Bridget and daughter Addy. In addition to coaching, she works as a ski industry influencer and hosts a personal YouTube channel, providing a platform for both beginners and advanced skiers to learn technical skills for the slopes.

About her excitement in joining the Fischer team, Armstrong noted, “I could not be more proud to be associated with such a quality and iconic brand. Fischer represents the very best of what skiing is to me. This begins with culture which for Fischer is uncompromisingly skiing centric and family driven. In Fischer I have found a partner to share in my quest of facilitating an enhanced skiing experience for everyone. It is only July and I am more eager than ever to hit the slopes.”

“Anytime you get to work with an athlete like Deb Armstrong you have to feel fortunate,” said Fischer product manager Mike Hattrup about bringing her on to the ambassador team. “She’s a perfect fit for Fischer because of her strong technical background as a racer, former PSIA Demo Team member and Technical Director roles at different ski schools. We’re excited to have her on board to contribute to prototype testing, dealer interactions, and to share the ins and outs of the Fischer brand with her followers.”

Last edited by a moderator:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know how long she was with Blizzard?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Right up until they stopped giving her free gear?

hmm, well that implies that blizzard stopped supporting her which isn't the case. I know her well-enough to say hello and chat a couple minutes but she's a genuine person. If she didnt like Fischer, she wouldn't be on it.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Oh, thanks for clarifying, Ron. I'll change my answer to (the MUCH less funny)- "not sure, nothing much turned up when I did a google search".

Sponsor