• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Flood Damage to Skis and Bindings?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
About a year ago I was following a 90s Altima with paper dealer tag down the street. I noticed water sloshing around in the tail lights whenever it slowed down, sped up, or turned. Yikes.. That's got to be a car that doesn't stay sold long..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
while I'm not questioning your experience.
I think if good adhesion in ski construction rust should not travel internally. Also some but not all edges come from manufacture painted and stay painted inside the ski IMO it will take even longer to find rust inside the edges

:D I think Volkl would have laughed very very hard if we had sent them the chopsawed ski sections showing rust all the way in, and told them those pairs of P50s were badly glued.

The only steels that actually do surface rust only are the stainless ones.

TS
DonC

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
They were in brackish water for about 8 hours but not rinsed off (given that the homeowners were dealing with a flooded house). Thank you to USAA for the prompt settlement.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
They were in brackish water for about 8 hours but not rinsed off (given that the homeowners were dealing with a flooded house). Thank you to USAA for the prompt settlement.
If they didn't make you send the wet ones you've now got a full rock ski quiver

Sponsor