• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Flylow Sale

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whats the story with these guys, they use Gore-Tex or their own proprietary blend? Are they comparable to the other major premium brands Arcteryx/Patagonia/etc...?

James

Out There
Instructor
They use eVent too. More breathable than goretex.
They don’t have a “proprietary” film like Patagonia. Too small. They’ve been around for some time now. Bibs tend to fit storks, pants are a bit baggy but are very solid for trees. (At least the Chemical pant) I have three jackets.

You can’t go wrong with some of those gloves or mittens for $25-35.

Last edited:

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
FlyLow from what I've seen and heard is good quality. Just expensive for what you get. Dam... just looked at the site @ 50% they are still way above Vermont summer clearance price points! Their styles are about as interesting as a paperweight in a UPS box! :nono: Calling someone...anyone to the style dept STAT!

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Dam... just looked at the site @ 50% they are still way above Vermont summer clearance price points!
Down jacket 800 fill for $130?

I’m with you on the style thing. They’ve been overly mesmerized by the Bro styling of a black parked car or a tree.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
All true regarding the styles- last year I picked up the quantum pro jacket and chemical pants for $320 total. This stuff is legit, but as @James stated, the pants are a little baggy, but extremely durable. Both items breathe well and are very waterproof. They have great customer service and really stand by their stuff.

The better sale is probably happening next month when the leftovers will be 70% off. That's when I got my stuff last year. Earlier this year (during the season), they had some ridiculous sale. I picked up a pair of ski pants for my wife for $65- unfortunately the fit wasn't to her liking- way too long in the legs. So we got her another style that came in petit and fit her better- those pants were about $125. Still a very good deal during the season.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Their stuff works as advertised, is uber durable and never looks worn out. My problem is being caught between the xl-xxl sizes in their jackets and pants. I am usually xl on most other US brands. I will only buy Flylow when I can try their stuff on.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup. Great if you have a med waist and XXL butt and thighs.
Explains why I like their men's bibs better than their women's :) .

I've owned a couple of their pants as well as jackets over the years. Waterproof, breathable, comfortable, and I've had great experiences with their customer service. They definitely stand behind their product. I will also attest to their durability. I've been wearing their Baker bibs and a women's Billie coat for the past 4 seasons, and they show very minimal signs of wear and tear (apart from the bottom of the pant legs where only Kevlar would save me from cutting them up with ski edges).

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
You can’t go wrong with some of those gloves or mittens for $25-35.
Picked up a pair of the lobster mittens- arrived today and they are nice. Prolly make a nice glove for warmer conditions, but not too warm.....

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ridiculous. Clown clothes.
Screenshot_20220609-221715.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had a pair of their black pants when I was teaching at Mt Rose.
They were a bit stiff but super durable. I sold them to a ski patroller at the end of the year when I didn't need black pant anymore.
She loved them for durability and pockets.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just as a point of reference and Pugski History

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have multiple pair of Chemical pants and one Baker bib.
I originally purchased the first pair without trying on and followed the size chart online like I have with pants from Spyder and The North Face and am happy with the fit. I prefer the fit of the Flylow pants to the other brands and would say they are consistent from the bibs to the pants.
I took advice from @Philpug and now purchase ski pants (and swim trunks) in something other than black.
Currently poolside in La Quinta CA
96628712-C441-4D56-8194-224CE0E175DF.jpeg

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Picked up a Cobra coat for general winter coat duty. It's surprisingly nice and absolutely fantastically nice for $137. I have a couple pairs of Flylow mtb shorts and they are good but the finishing left a bit to be desired. Loose threads and uncut thread tails all over. Nothing of the sort found on the coat and the Large fits exactly how I was hoping it would on me for a ski jacket that I'm not going to ever ski in. For my everyday winter coat I've been rocking the many layers of puffys for the last couple years and wanted to simplify how many layers I put on in the morning.

James

Out There
Instructor
If you can fit a small or medium, REI has Baker Bibs for $210. Non black. Black is $200 more. You have to have a pretty straight body for fit.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Picked up a Cobra coat for general winter coat duty. It's surprisingly nice and absolutely fantastically nice for $137. I have a couple pairs of Flylow mtb shorts and they are good but the finishing left a bit to be desired. Loose threads and uncut thread tails all over. Nothing of the sort found on the coat and the Large fits exactly how I was hoping it would on me for a ski jacket that I'm not going to ever ski in. For my everyday winter coat I've been rocking the many layers of puffys for the last couple years and wanted to simplify how many layers I put on in the morning.
I'm thinking about getting the Cobra as another ski jacket. I currently have the Quantum Pro Jacket in large and it really hangs on me, but after I add the needed daily layers underneath the fit is fine, but loose. I was thinking about getting the Cobra in medium. I'm 6' 175lbs- just wondering if the medium may be too small.