• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Flylow Sale

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm 6' and 206, 41ish chest, the large fits me just about perfectly. With most coats and jackets I usually have isses with slightly too short sleeve length in a large and this one passes the arms up test. In terms of fit, I could put a midlayer type fleece under it but a puffy would be too much puff. If that make sense.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is good information- I guess I'll go with the large. Not that I have knuckle dragging arm length, but that's the same issue I find with medium jackets

James

Out There
Instructor
I have a couple pairs of Flylow mtb shorts and they are good but the finishing left a bit to be desired. Loose threads and uncut thread tails all over. Nothing of the sort found on the coat
Yeah never had an issue on their winter stuff. I really like the D$ jacket for spring skiing. Light, very windproof. It’s a weird piece, never thought I’d like it that much when I got it at the store on sale last year.

James

Out There
Instructor
@James which jacket? D$?
Yes, for Daron Rhalves who wanted a simple spring touring jacket with no hood. They don’t make it anymore, I think just last season Gripe is no breast pocket, but I can live with that for simplicity and lightness. Has skin pockets inside plus two side pockets outside.

Never would’ve gotten it if not on sale and I had a use for it the next day spring skiing. Good wind resistance at least to 45-50. I might get the blue one now…

It’s not a shell. Can be used as an inner layer though.

Last edited:

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Thanks for the PSA. I bought Chemical pants in rye and some spring gloves. I'm excited about the inside and outside thigh vents for spring. Hope they fit.
I love the chemical pants. The positives are they are super durable and weatherproof. They are by far the most durable ski pants i have owned. They are a baggy fit which i like but with good adjustability in the waist. However, the baggier fit combined with a stiff material means you lose some flexibility and so they aren't as good for the backcountry/touring. And the material isn't as breathable as gore-tex or e-vent. That's not noticeable unless it's a warm spring day. They're fine for a little bit of sidecountry but you wouldn't want to tour in the chemical pants.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Another PSA, the Cobra does not return to the line next season & has not replacement. Grab one now if you’re on the fence.

TS
Chip

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
So my new Cobra jacket arrived last night- along with the Dad's Day/Birthday gift from my daughter- another pair of Chemical pants. This time I went with medium for the pants and the fit is just about perfect. My other pair are large and they fit fine, but maybe just a tad loose in the waist.
The jacket is a large and the fit again is perfect. As @firebanex stated, there is some room for additional layers, but not many. The coat does seem to have plenty of insulation and should be nice and toasty on those cold days.

James

Out There
Instructor
My order for a Compound Bib got cancelled. Not enough stock.

James

Out There
Instructor
Backcountry has a lot on sale. I got some pants for the same discount as the Flylow warehouse sale, but you can return.
It may end today, don’t know.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid