• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For WORDLE fans

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I've had row 2 success 19/577 games.

That I know this will come as no surprise to some of you.

Also currently calculating success rates for tons of different starting words (64 in total), gradually reducing the count over time (have several with really good consistency, but add new possibilities to test as I refine my criteria).

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
My Wordle starting word has always been "stare"; I figure it's five of the most common letters to start.

At one point, the Wordle solution was "stair". So I started with green-green-green-yellow-gray, meaning the correct solution had to be STA-R, which really only leaves one possibility.

Somehow I overlooked the yellow "R" and went with "stack" as my second guess. :nono::doh:

And then I "saw" the yellow "R" and solved it on my third guess. So "stare" to "stair" in three.

I'm still waiting for them to use the correct spelling of "stare" so that I can get it in one.

I've had 13 "two's" in 358 games for a 3.6% rate, slightly ahead of @Sibhusky 's 19/577 rate.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I used to swap starting words a bit but have settled on STARE like @KevinF .

A few months ago, I flagged hard mode to 'on.' Doesn't make much difference in number of guesses unless you get 3 or 4 letters right immediately and are cycling through 10 different valid letters one at a time.

Averaging correct answer in 3.88 guesses over 360 games.

There is another variant called 'Survivle' that you win if you don't get it in 6 or fewer guesses. Surprisingly difficult to win that one.

EDIT: Hah, just did survivle and got it in 2...