• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For you fly fishing junkies among us...

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Never fly fished, but I think if I ever did it I would become a junkie. Cool video. I really only fish for crappie in Texas, this time of year they are in the shallow spawning, and I get in my waders and jig for them. Not as cool as as fly fishing for trout, but is kinda similar.

View attachment 130748

Gotta always watch for these guys...If they just stayed in the trees/bush I would be fine, but they see you and drop into the water, that always makes me nervous lol.

View attachment 130749

View attachment 130751

Thats a water moccasin not a rattler...right or wrong? We have WD rattlers here but few mocs. I like snakes and leave them in peace to do their thing. 16 years with diamondbacks 8 months every year never been chased.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Thought I would post this here to get more targeted eyes on it. Anyway, I have an 8-wt Orvis Helios2 with Hydros reel that is barely used and in basically like new condition. I have the original alum rod tube and the cloth packing that goes inside it. I just don’t use it, so it sits in the rack in the garage and looks sad and lonely.

If anyone wants it, I’m happy to discuss. Thinking something in the 450-500 ballpark for the package. Reel is set up for left hand retrieve with Orvis bonefish line. The backing is multi-colored. It actually looks really good, which, of course, matters.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here's a long video of some really nice water in Slovenia. If @Primoz is a fisherman, he'd likely appreciate it.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@doc that's one thing I can't do... Too boring for me, and definitely not something to make you really calm... especially when you are there for hours and everyone are catching something except for you. Nope not my thing. Rivers are beautiful, and Soca is probably one of most beautiful, if not really the most beautiful river in Europe, but I rather use kayak then fishing pole :)

Reactions: doc

Sponsor

Staff online