• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I had a sad. Although, it would be completely precious if Renault was obliged to give them engines.
I watched the Netflix series first season last month. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Horner calls Cyril.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I watched the Netflix series first season last month.

Their cameras were definitely out there this season - there's gobs of footage of drivers cursing them out.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Horner calls Cyril.

I am on a several-times-over reread of Appendix 9: Preamble part B sec. ii through part C

and I can't help thinking that someone at Renault had a pretty clear idea this situation was going to happen - before their works team was branded Alpine.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm trying to get intel on what they're going to do. I've heard in the past they were thinking of hooking up with KTM, another Austrian brand, to build their own power unit. I suspect that's out of the question with timing this short. Renault must be ecstatic.... Maybe they both leave F1...I feel like F1 is on perilous footing...

James

Out There
Instructor
Lewis Hamilton at 13 racing karts in the rain.
86B7EE46-2BA8-49F2-88CF-247B5E5349DC.jpeg

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Crazy opening laps today. I was half-expecting HAM, BOT or both to retire the cars by lap 10. It's amazing how HAM was able to just drive away once the tires switched on. Great recovery drive by Perez. Big bummer for Norris to have a puncture when it looked like a good haul of points for McLaren, that Racing Point, McLaren, Renault battle is awfully close.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Oh, btw, I thought it was really lame that Merc would not let Bottas run a counter strategy at the end. I think he was still a pit stop ahead, so there was nothing to lose by trying the soft tire.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
You guys watching the whole Haas/(Ferrari?) suspension cooling controversy?

Warning: includes vortex shedding contrail p0rn

Oh, that explains SO MUCH.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Wow, that's pretty crazy. I wonder if this is part of Ferrari's struggles too or if they have some way of keeping the heat under control.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
HAM is very unhappy with the surface in Turkey. He'll probably win anyway, but I like that he doesn't like the surface. Maybe it will be like a rain race with a difficult and unpredictable surface.

scott43

Skier
HAM is very unhappy with the surface in Turkey. He'll probably win anyway, but I like that he doesn't like the surface. Maybe it will be like a rain race with a difficult and unpredictable surface.
You know, I've always kinda wondered about this. I've always felt poor track conditions allowed better drivers to show up. If you have the superior car you can easily win. If the track becomes sketch, driver comes into it more. Personally, I always kinda liked a slick track because you can monkey around the car or bike more. But I guess when you want to win and you have the superior car, slick track conditions don't give you happiness and joy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online