• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Thought I'd start a new thread as Bahrain is upon us.
So the Red Bull is looking sporty with two good drivers. Merc look..frazzled. McLaren are lurking with Ricky Ricciardo backing up the youngster (no more?) Lando Norris. Alpine looks lovely and Never Give Up Alonso ready to go. Ferrari don't look dangerous particularly, after losing their mystery 100hp in the secret settlement.. And Aston Martin..Seb? They looked..listless. Alpha Tauri...racy..could be a surprise. Kimi and Tonio having fun in the Alfa..and poor Williams. Did I miss anyone?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Cheat sheet for me. :)

Renault rebrand as Alpine
Hass could be interesting with Schumacher
No more Pink cars - Stroll is now Aston Martin
Williams, how long before Russell moves to a better team?
Alpha - can Gasly get back to Red Bull this year?

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Ahhh Haas.. see what I did there..?? :ogbiggrin:they could use some Schumacher mojo. Last year was..Uhh.. Awful.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
I think Perez vs Verstappen is going to be the most interesting thing in F1 this year, even better than Verstappen vs Hamilton. Perez and Ocan showed with Force India that both were willing to race their teammate more fiercely than they raced the rest of the field. I'm not sure Max is going to like the way Sergio is going to race him.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So the Red Bull is looking sporty with two good drivers.

Are you crediting either the engine rework or high-rake aero advantages?

I think Perez vs Verstappen is going to be the most interesting thing in F1 this year, even better than Verstappen vs Hamilton.

I'm really interested in the McLaren vs. Aston Martin Merc-engined-but-do-your-own-***car duel.

Alpine -meh-, mostly for I don't believe they're organised enough. Herself would punch me 'coz Sainz is her boy but Ferrari meh - and the echoing proof will be when Alpha Tauri spank Haas harder.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I mean Red bull were second fastest last year. And Merc went a bit backwards in testing. We'll see when Q3 is over. Adrian Newey is arguably the brightest guy in the game so I suspect he's done his homework on the rake compromise. The engine thing is interesting and maybe they'll do ok but I'm not sure how much more competent they'll be than Honda. I suspect Merc will pull a rabbit out and if not what a great dynamic it'll be too see them under pressure.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I mean Red bull were second fastest last year. And Merc went a bit backwards in testing. We'll see when Q3 is over. Adrian Newey is arguably the brightest guy in the game so I suspect he's done his homework on the rake compromise.

Exactly why I'm interested in what the other Merc powered teams do. And as that meme video alleges, Merc testing seems synonymous with sandbagging.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Ahhh Haas.. see what I did there..?? :ogbiggrin:they could use some Schumacher mojo. Last year was..Uhh.. Awful.

They've already stopped developing the car and moved on to 2022. That doesn't bode well. I t looks like they just expect their new drivers to learn F1 this season.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
They've already stopped developing the car and moved on to 2022. That doesn't bode well. I t looks like they just expect their new drivers to learn F1 this season.
They did have limited resources. Then they picked up Mazepin whose father is a multi-billionaire and chief of Uralalkali who is magically sponsoring the team now. So they may have some more resources this year.. Not to mention whatever money Schumacher brings. So they may be in a better position next year because this year's car was already done before this money came on board. Throwaway season..

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Drive to Survive season 4. Bottas refuses to move aside when told that HAM is faster. Both cars collide and BOT is fired. Russel to Merc., Button gets in the Williams and wins at Spa in the rain after 5 pit stops and 4 safety cars. Mick Schumacher finishes 10th and last scoring Haas’ only point of the season.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'll pick Williams over Haas..I feel like Steiner's managerial methods are not great and will self-destruct. Betcha he goes before either driver goes..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Shall we play the Q3 game? Rules: P1-P7 +3 pts for exact, +1pts for one spot off, -1 pts for picked driver not finishing in top 7.

I'll start - (Bahrain start grid):
VER
HAM
PER
BOT
RIC
LEC
NOR

lets say all entries in by Friday midnight PST.

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I thought the McLaren might be quick. However you just don't know until Q3 is over. Going to be interesting.

Sponsor

Staff online