• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Lewis Hamilton will never EVER be World Champion again.

Mark my words.
I mean he's won the championship seven times. Plus the $50 odd mil in salary this year. He's good I think. And really it's often the car that makes the difference.

Last edited:

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Protest not upheld, Mercedes already signify their intent to appeal. The stewards judgement is somewhat...... odd. Effectively, once the race director has decided what he wants to do, that's what happens, regardless of what the book actually says

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
No surprise. They're not walking back a win like that. They may gain some benefit of the doubt next year though.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is going to go to International Court of Appeals - no chance is this anywhere close to being over.

And regardless of how it actually turns out, Michael Massi will be looking for a new job next year

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And really it's often the car that makes the difference.

In his case-his entire career. His car. Not him.

Unlike certain Michael Schumacher.

Truth be told-Lewis is a very very good driver. Excellent one. But no way 7 times world champion material.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wouldn’t bet the mortgage on it.

Sunny days with a teammate like Botas are over. Russel will not bend over so gladly. He is fast and hungry. And we all know what happens when Sir Lewis has a teammate like this. And there is no other team that would offer him the same comfort.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
In his case-his entire career. His car. Not him.

Unlike certain Michael Schumacher.

Truth be told-Lewis is a very very good driver. Excellent one. But no way 7 times world champion material.
That Ferrari from 2001-2004, 4 championships, that Ferrari was the fastest car. They won the constructors going away.. And there was the issue of Schumacher's moral flexibility.... :ogbiggrin:

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
This is going to go to International Court of Appeals - no chance is this anywhere close to being over.

And regardless of how it actually turns out, Michael Massi will be looking for a new job next year
Yeah that may be. I wonder if the outcome has pleased his employers or not.. That may be the ultimate question for him.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That Ferrari from 2001-2004, 4 championships, that Ferrari was the fastest car. They won the constructors going away.. And there was the issue of Schumacher's moral flexibility.... :ogbiggrin:

Well, yeah, what about the Ferrari 1996-1999 then? Especially 1996? Some easily forget the lean years when in fact Michael produced some of the best driving this sport has ever seen- Barcelona 1996, Hungary 1998, Monza 1998 etc etc etc
Michael built two great teams, Lewis walked into two great teams. Nuff said.

And let's not talk about moral flexibility in a sport in which Ayrton Senna is to some the greatest legend.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Sunny days with a teammate like Botas are over. Russel will not bend over so gladly. He is fast and hungry. And we all know what happens when Sir Lewis has a teammate like this. And there is no other team that would offer him the same comfort.
What was remarkable about this year is that Lewis did not always have the fastest car. He had some amazing drives, overcoming adversity and proving that he still has it.
If anything I was impressed by the progress that Red Bull had made on the car and the masterful way Chris Horner handled strategy.
I fully expect Mercedes to come back locked and loaded, and Russell will give them the best team of drivers.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lewis Hamilton will never EVER be World Champion again.

Mark my words.
1639345126724.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What was remarkable about this year is that Lewis did not always have the fastest car. He had some amazing drives, overcoming adversity and proving that he still has it.
If anything I was impressed by the progress that Red Bull had made on the car and the masterful way Chris Horner handled strategy.
I fully expect Mercedes to come back locked and loaded, and Russell will give them the best team of drivers.

Next season will be very interesting, that is for sure.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Seriously!
Verstappen is the biggest whiner on the paddock!
And the dirtiest driver.
And a bad sport.
Just contrast how Verstappen behaved last week after losing to Lewis to how Lewis behaved this week losing the race and the championship to Verstappen.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seriously!
Verstappen is the biggest whiner on the paddock!
And the dirtiest driver.
And a bad sport.
Just contrast how Verstappen behaved last week after losing to Lewis to how Lewis behaved this week losing the race and the championship to Verstappen.

Geeeez Calm down a bit. It was just a joke. to lighten the thread up a bit
Anyways , back to the normal program

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Geeeez Calm down a bit. It / was just a joke. to lighten the thread up a bit
Anyways , back to the normal program
There are some serious fans in this thread. I got the joke.
I'm not a fan of either. Honestly, I expected Max to do something stupid, as Max often seems to do, and cause chaos. But he raced tough but fair. He was resigned to trying to hunt down Lewis at the end and the F1 gods gave him a safety car. This allowed him to close the gap he couldn't have made up. He was on much fresher tires than Lewis at the end, who had gambled that he could stay out and use track position to keep Max behind. The safety car killed his lead. So now we have cars who need to unlap themselves. The argument is, some cars were allowed to unlap to clear them from the actual race. However, some cars were not allowed to unlap and if they had been required to unlap, the safety car would have had to stay out and the race finishes under safety car. I don't think there's any question that the lapped cars should have been allowed to overtake...but whether it should have taken so long and finished under safety car is the question. We'll see what the outcome is. It certainly is fun seeing people lose their minds over this and talk about quitting the sport. I feel like this is the kind of thing that makes a sport soar...for better or worse...

One thing is certain, Lewis was certainly more magnanimous than anyone else would have been should he have won under similar circumstances. He made me more of a fan of his today than at any other time. Regardless of the outcome, I look forward to him and Russel together next year. I look less forward to Toto's smug face a little less... :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online