• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Seriously!
Verstappen is the biggest whiner on the paddock!
And the dirtiest driver.
And a bad sport.
Just contrast how Verstappen behaved last week after losing to Lewis to how Lewis behaved this week losing the race and the championship to Verstappen.
Here's the one I could've used if Sir Lewis had won
A young Max
1639347544924.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Good thing we're talking about the FIA and not FIFA. Or people would get excited :D

PS 95 days to train your CNNs for the next Q3 game :)

Last edited:

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Best part of the race was when ham was going by back and forth with Perez. Ham is on radio saying that is dangerous driving - which is apparently what he says anytime there is real racing happening.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
And rumour has it Lewis has asked Mercedes to drop the appeals. I don't think they will..they have to follow through for the team..but again, Lewis showing class. I'm sure he had no problem with the last-lap battle. That's racing. I do wonder if Max has enough understanding to recognize this. He reminds me of that person who would let you know you're a loser while you're dying...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Best part of the race was when ham was going by back and forth with Perez. Ham is on radio saying that is dangerous driving - which is apparently what he says anytime there is real racing happening.
Totally. Gotta wonder how much fresher LHs tires would have been without that little session.

Also no way Albon could have done that, but maybe Gasly could have.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Well, yeah, what about the Ferrari 1996-1999 then? Especially 1996? Some easily forget the lean years when in fact Michael produced some of the best driving this sport has ever seen- Barcelona 1996, Hungary 1998, Monza 1998 etc etc etc
Michael built two great teams, Lewis walked into two great teams. Nuff said.

And let's not talk about moral flexibility in a sport in which Ayrton Senna is to some the greatest legend.
Just because...

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And rumour has it Lewis has asked Mercedes to drop the appeals. I don't think they will..they have to follow through for the team..but again, Lewis showing class. I'm sure he had no problem with the last-lap battle. That's racing. I do wonder if Max has enough understanding to recognize this. He reminds me of that person who would let you know you're a loser while you're dying...
Funny you should say that, as here is the complete meme, where I got the photo that I edited the words out and then posted earlier

1639354394865.png

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Finally watched the race. The wind knocked our power out this morning and I had to wait until tonight's rebroadcast.

I just have to say that was some beautiful driving by Checo.

I don't really love either HAM or Max, but I was pretty disappointed in the ending. I mean how did Mercedes not pt ham the second that Latiffi crashed. Sure they might lose track position if Max stayed out, but then they'd be in the position of a one lap race on new Softs vs old Hards. I'd take that. The danger of course would be that Max stays out and the race finishes behind the safety car. Certainly could have happened. It's a roll of the dice. Moving the lapped cars was not done well either. Move all of them or don't. And don't do while the safety car is going into the pit! What is that? Honestly, I don't think any teams should be able to speak to race control unless they are first spoken to by race control. Just let them do their job, no lobbying.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Finally watched the race. The wind knocked our power out this morning and I had to wait until tonight's rebroadcast.

I just have to say that was some beautiful driving by Checo.

I don't really love either HAM or Max, but I was pretty disappointed in the ending. I mean how did Mercedes not pt ham the second that Latiffi crashed. Sure they might lose track position if Max stayed out, but then they'd be in the position of a one lap race on new Softs vs old Hards. I'd take that. The danger of course would be that Max stays out and the race finishes behind the safety car. Certainly could have happened. It's a roll of the dice. Moving the lapped cars was not done well either. Move all of them or don't. And don't do while the safety car is going into the pit! What is that? Honestly, I don't think any teams should be able to speak to race control unless they are first spoken to by race control. Just let them do their job, no lobbying.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say they read the rule book and didn't believe that the race would restart the way it did

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm going to hazard a guess and say they read the rule book and didn't believe that the race would restart the way it did
Im guessing that nobody has a clear understanding of all the contradictory or overridable rules in F1. Time to chop the rulebook down to basics.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Bent for TV. Liberty Media are scumsuckers who've just confirmed their product is WWE on steroids.

And I thought MV's initial overtake was quite possibly legit but you don't fix a wrong with another wrong to create an artificial finale.
At least LH has finally grown up into an elder statesman and seemed to take it all with dignity. He has more to achieve in developing a car which will give Russell the best platform for an MV duel over the coming years ( even if that ends up being fixed too).

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Im guessing that nobody has a clear understanding of all the contradictory or overridable rules in F1. Time to chop the rulebook down to basics.
Well there is some room for judgement I suppose.. This is not impossible..it just means some won't like the results. I suppose as long as the owners of the F1 brand are happy we won't see any huge changes.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
So...end of his first season...anyone still like Tsunoda for anything?
Why is he still in F1 again? Also, does Haas not have a reserve driver? You’d think they could find somebody to drive. I’m not sure when Mazepin tested positive, so maybe they were not allowed to replace him?

Sponsor