• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why is he still in F1 again? Also, does Haas not have a reserve driver? You’d think they could find somebody to drive. I’m not sure when Mazepin tested positive, so maybe they were not allowed to replace him?
Given the shortage of parts that Haas had, I'm guessing it was a blessing to only have one car running. They were talking about that in the last race about how they were getting down to the last of the spares and were close to being in trouble.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
You can't replace/introduce a driver after qualifying.
Gotcha, I didn’t know if he had been absent the whole weekend or if he had qualified the car. Obviously it would be a bad move to let a total unknown quantity out onto the track in a car somebody else had qualified.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Great article about Lewis. Can you imagine anyone ever using the terms grace and dignity with Verstappen? I didn't think so.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
I'm not sure we were using them for LH either back in the Mclaren days.
I have to admit that I watched Formula 1 as a kid in the 60's and 70', whenever we got to see it, and when Mansel and Villaneuve were the thing, but quit watching it, and most everything else on TV, until Lewis joined MB, so I personally can't speak to his behavior while on Mclaren. But, nobody in Formula 1 has had to go through what Lewis has had to go through since he started racing. Because he was black and not wealthy, he was ostracized, ridiculed, ignored and bullied his entire career. If he had a chip on his shoulder early on that is certainly understandable. Max, on the other hand was racing gentry from birth. He certainly has amazing talent, but everything came easy for him. He is a spoiled, petulant little child that I can't imagine will ever mature into the kind of person Lewis has.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'm not sure we were using them for LH either back in the Mclaren days.
With age comes wisdom..? Something like that.. He was certainly...petulant? Back then. I will say, whatever comes out of Verstappen's mouth is what's in his brain. He's certainly not devising slings and daggers behind his back.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Next open question - since no one else liked Tsunoda's drive against Bottas this time around :) - how does everyone see the Bottas/ Guanyu Zhou (I am totally having to check spelling on that one every time I mention him) dynamic working out?

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Well, I think Alfa is really not going to improve that much. Bottas is still a pretty quick driver. He will undoubtedly be the lead driver..not that it matters much when you're that far back. I'm also willing to bet that Zhou is there for money reasons. So I'm thinking it's a nuthin-burger..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Outside of 3 is pretty limited by terrain but anything can be fixed with money. The exit of 3 into 4 and outside of 4 could be moved back, no earthworks there. They could revert to gravel but the bikes won't be happy and maybe not the best for cars either. I suspect they're looking at it as it's one of the few places where big accidents are still happening on the calendar. We'll see..as long as they don't change the fundamental nature of the place.. It's a great track..
And here we go...

Sponsor