• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I was surprised at FAs lack of pace but there are a bunch of things at play there. I'll withhold on him until after the race. He's a racer.

A-M I'm split on. In a way I'm not surprised. I think there was some scrutiny on their methods and maybe they are playing catch up after having an easier go last year. But really I don't trust these sessions. Who knows what fuel load and program they're running.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
So last half of FP3 and we're starting to see some real numbers... HAM, BOT, PER....VER on track now...tick tock..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
And so..Verstappen throws down the gauntlet. 0.7s ahead. That is ominous for Merc unless they were sandbagging. Honda apparently have bridged the power gap and Newey has always been chassis/aero genius. Are we about to have the first competitive year in F1 for quite some time?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Q3 results

Positive scoring:

1. VER ctm +3 scott +1 dwight +1
2. HAM ctm +3 scott +1 dwight +1
3. BOT ctm +1 scott +3 dwight 0
4. LEC ctm 0 scott 0 dwight 0
5. GAS 0 0 0
6. RIC +1 +1 +1
7. NOR +3 0 0

Penalties:

ctm PER -1
scott PER -1 ALO -1
dwight PER -1 STR -1

First qualifying session net ctm 10 scott 4 dwight 1

Last edited:

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
So who thought Alpha Tauri would be faster than A-M?

And how about Yuki Tsunoda in Q1?

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
You know, I had my doubts about A-M. They didn't look good in testing. And I'm kinda wishing I wasn't watching SebVet have a fit already about waved yellows. Like, it's just not good for the team for him to be having a tantrum this early in the season. Just fscking get ON with it. Man..

Alpha Tauri is junior Red Bull and the car was pretty quick at the end of last year. And they stand to benefit from Honda's push for more power that Red Bull has got as well. Tsunoda. You know, I have always had this impression of Japanese drivers/riders as being a bit too polite and careful to be true winners. But this Tsunoda dude is ANGRY! Love it. I hope he keeps it up without crashing every race like...others..(I'm looking at you Grosjean!!).

I'm also surprised at Ferrari's bounce-back. I guess, never count them out..they have money..so good on them.

Alonso lurking...he's a race guy..I bet he goes up 4 places tomorrow...

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Having said all that, I'll always love Shinya Nakano for giving us my favourite helmet:
Shinya-Nakano.jpg

Last edited:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Boy Dwight sucks at this... :roflmao:
Jokes jokes!!:)
Yeah, I haven't always been a Formula1 elitist. Way too much technology infused driving. The Netflix series has me watching more.

I tried to go with not the norm. Gloves off now.

Last edited:
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
So apparently the floor and diffuser changes over the winter affected the low rake cars more (AM and Merc) and since AM are basically copying the Merc I would think they'll have a harder time finding the lost downforce. So that's interesting.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah they're lacking rear downforce or at least it's unpredictable and that is causing stability issues. Balance is important as much as downforce levels sometimes. So they're struggling there I think.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I'm sniffing a Red Bull win.... If Max can keep his head, he may have a chance this year..but I just can't count our Hamilton and the Mercedes.