• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Jeeze, I just left the TV on after the race and they have rolled from the multi-billion dollar sport of F1 into.... corn hole championships. I feel like I am watching the Ocho.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Does anyone have a video of Laps 14-21, specifically the Perez/ Raikkonen duel?

So how long before Nikita finishes a race?

Did you ever see that video about the balance problems Grosjean was having in the Haas? From Mazepin's qualifying radio, I'll bet those problems are still there.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
So how long before Nikita finishes a race?
I mean..he's been a very average, if that, junior racer..with a lot of money. So I wouldn't expect much from him..finish..he'll probably finish eventually..and be outraced consistently by his teammate.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Hey @scott43 do you want to prognosticate on the Canadian GP? As in, will there be one? Will they have one, but closed to fans?

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Hmm..good question. I think there'll be no fans for sure at this point. We're 2 months out, our vaccination rate is like 2% at this point although it's ramping up quickly. And we're heading into another wave from variants with schools likely to be shut down in a week or two. And Quebec is generally worse off at these things than us. So no fans my opinion.

Race without fans may be possible. We're doing bubbles for hockey and I can see that happening with F1. That race is a big deal to Montreal and Quebec... Gov't may cover the expense of holding it without fans. I'll put that at 50/50.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
And Quebec is hard-core Catholic..you can bet there will be Easter spread. Fingers crossed..but I think it's just too soon. If it were August or September I'd be more optimistic.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OK, I know you all are waiting for free practice to be over. I'm going to take a flyer *now*.

Q3 Emilia Romagna:

HAM
VER
BOT
LEC
PER
ALO
NOR

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
@Erik Timmerman we are going into emergency situation here now. Quebec is the same. So I'm thinking the no F1 fans in Quebec is a certainty. Race may still go on though. We are talking triage in hospitals so I can't see this improving for a month at least.