• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2021

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Love me a rain race. Kimi the veteran making the most of it. McLaren looking strong with a mature drive. Ferrari back from the dead apparently.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Bottas sure screwed the pooch..
So I'm going to say this is not right. Looking at the replay, he stayed on the dry racing line and Russell picked a bad spot and hit the wet lines and spun. I mean, it's racing..Russell mentioned gentlemen's agreement...but that doesn't mean you just let people past. So yeah..

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I saw a bit of that..someone took a corner off that car or another Ferrari..and I thought, wow, that hurt. Then again, the people that own those cars probably have some budget to fix them....

Oh, and the Canadian GP is cancelled. Apparently the gov't of Quebec wanted F1 to waive the fee they have to pay associated to gate attendance, since no attendance is possible. And F1 said nope, we want our dough. So off to Turkey it goes...

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
yes they ulapped everyone at the safety car, so he gained about 80 seconds.

That wasn;t really what he gained. Because the SC came out almost immediatley after his crash, thanks to Russel/Bottas he saved a bucketload of places getting to the pits. Then all the time for the car to be repaired. And then the 80 seconds for the lap. My best guess is that he saved around 3.5-4 minutes as a result of that.

The free lap is absolutely standard in this type of situation, but the rest of his gain was huge - but no real way to counteract for that. He was just extremely lucky immediately after being pretty unlucky

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Boy Seb Vet is sucking it. I read today he said as long as he has that competitive feeling he'll stay in F1. I'm thinking it won't be his choice at this point....

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
You could say the same about Aonso.
Yeah he hasn't exactly lit it up either. I can give him some slack because he's been out of it for a while but yeah, he needs to pick it up. I've always admired his race craft but...he hasn't done that much so far. But Seb..ugh..

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like I wasn't the only to forget to make picks.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Pretty much a standard issue HAM win today. Still, good job by NOR and my McLaren boys. RIC wasn't great, but got some more valuable points to keep Ferrari behind.

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier
Another epic yawner. Amazing what Charles can do with that dog of a car.
And Mercedes proves yet again, not only are they the fastest, they're also the smartest.
Brilliant pit stop. Wash, rinse, repeat.

On to Monaco, where at least we get to see beautiful yachts and beautiful people...