• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2022

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It's time for a new thread, no?

And...is Alpine officially effed, in a Williams way, in bringing a 2022 car that is ready to race against McLaren and Ferrari?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
How bent is FIA prepared to be this year in the "sport" known as WWE on wheels?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's time for a new thread, no?

And...is Alpine officially effed, in a Williams way, in bringing a 2022 car that is ready to race against McLaren and Ferrari?
I am curious about the timing of the departure of their director. Qualifying in Bahrain will be riveting...

scott43

Skier
No it's a whole new year God damn it!! It's over!! The fat lady sang! Done and dusted. The FIA said so!! Even Red Bull said it!!! We have shiny new baubles and trinkets!!! :roflmao:

Max Verstappen.. The Heel.... Once they go to pay per view the transformation will be complete. WWF1... :ogbiggrin:

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Has FIA decided the championship out again and now has to figure out a way to make it happen and look reasonably realistic?
;)

scott43

Skier
Has FIA decided the championship out again and now has to figure out a way to make it happen and look reasonably realistic?
;)
I mean, let's not pretend F1 is anything but a show. You have drivers with money who have no right being there..but.. So let's keep things in perspective here..

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I mean, let's not pretend F1 is anything but a show. You have drivers with money who have no right being there..but.. So let's keep things in perspective here..
Agreed, but gifting races is a bit beyond tilting the table.

scott43

Skier
Agreed, but gifting races is a bit beyond tilting the table.
Hardly a gift..still had to make an in-race pass for the win. From the favouritism shown to Ferrari, to the lopsided budget gaps, to the practice of giving MORE money to teams what place higher in the rank..F1 is unfair on many levels. This is a great deal of publicity for a series that is having a cash problem. The Lewis Lovers will get over it..the Max Lovers will rejoice..F1 will count its cash...and life will go on. There's a lot of huffing and puffing about WWE and I'm never watching again....but they will.

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hardly a gift..still had to make an in-race pass for the win. From the favouritism shown to Ferrari, to the lopsided budget gaps, to the practice of giving MORE money to teams what place higher in the rank..F1 is unfair on many levels. This is a great deal of publicity for a series that is having a cash problem. The Lewis Lovers will get over it..the Max Lovers will rejoice..F1 will count its cash...and life will go on. There's a lot of huffing and puffing about WWE and I'm never watching again....but they will.

Screenshot_20220117-192111_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
St Pete 2/27.

Not sure Indy is anymore ‘pure’ or ‘fair’ but its been more of my attention the past 4 or 5 years.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
I really liked Indycar pre IRL. I wish that situ had no imploded. I have a really hard time forgiving them for their money grab using that foreign owner/driver trope.

And you have to put up with the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE nbc coverage. sigh.

scott43

Skier
Did you see any of their Dakkar coverage? Heh.
Typically that's just a continuous helicopter shot with helicopter noise..and occasionally a shot of a car ripping through a town or something... And then a cut to some guy stranded in the desert waving for help... :ogbiggrin:

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've found my next job!!
Screenshot_20220118-120733_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moved this out of the fluoro wax thread. ;)

Typically, the worst teams get to draft people first to try to improve. F1 is saying you draft in order of finish..which..is hard for the losing teams really...

One of my favorite beefs with F1.

Kind of like the old saying the beatings will continue until morale improves!