• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2022

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Eh, talking of FP2, Alpine are back in the mix. :yahoo:

FWIW, watching the POV of the pace car go around the circuit just felt ...weird.

In a "Who thought it would be a good idea to bring only this much car?" way.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Eh, talking of FP2, Alpine are back in the mix. :yahoo:

FWIW, watching the POV of the pace car go around the circuit just felt ...weird.

In a "Who thought it would be a good idea to bring only this much car?" way.

It's funny isn't it? One of the faster production cars currently available looks positively pedestrian

I have reservations about Alpine still - would be good to see them enter the fray, but I'm not sure they're actually there yet

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Red Bull discovering that engine manufacturing isn't as easy as it looks? (I know it's fundamentally Honda doing the manufacturing at the moment, but even so)

Mercedes doing a good job picking up points at the moment, which could make the difference if they can get that chassis sorted.

McLaren seem to have made by progress as well

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Heh. Most of us who drove carbs with pushrod fuel pumps remember vapour lock just fine :)

The interesting part is that it lets RB reformulate fuel *after* it was meant to be homologated, under the reliability exemption clause.
Still a problem with some inboard ski boats. :)

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Merc don't have a clue about how that car (doesn't) work. They have over a second of difference between the simulators and the real world. It would be a miracle if that car looks anything other than a walking disaster zone

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I feel like Hamilton has given up already.. exit stage left?
Reminds me of the year after he'd won his first title - McLaren went all in on the new tech and the car was nowhere. He still managend a race win that season. If Merc can show development then he'll stick. If they can't then yeah, he's quitting

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Just got home from our trip out west and found out that my TV did not record the race. I somehow kept myself embargoes until now. :(

Sponsor

Staff online