• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2023

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Never mind Williams, the houses Augean stables that really need cleaning are over at Alpine.
New year, probably another new name from them. :)

Always fun to see how Ocon and muck up a race.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought I read they have a sponsor, but won't be announced yet. Audi secretly giving them money? Waiting for Lia to get some experience and then push the Block name and steal her from Williams.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
How do you all see Sauber "maintaining" in the next 2 years?
I suspect they will benefit from Audi dough. Probably an influx of folks learning the team. I suspect they will not greatly improve but their first true Audi car will be an upgrade. They've always punched above their weight so not complete garbage. Question is who will be driving...

scott43

Skier
Re Audi, I look back at the BMW-Sauber marriage back in the noughts. Sauber certainly benefited from that partnership/ownership. I feel like Sauber has always been a smart but under-funded team. More money doesn't always buy success (Mercedes..) but I do think they can do some things with more dough.

scott43

Skier
Season done. Silly season to start. How long before we know if Sargent is a stay or gone?
Sargent is awful. But he's not the only driver bringing a bunch of money for his playtime... Alonso is "pained" because AM finish 5th in the constructors and he finishes 4th in the drivers. Maybe a bit of a jab there..

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Thanks to a stomach bug this week I was able to stay home and watch Hulu's Brawn GP. Good watch.

So Disney/Hulu stick their oar into the Formula 1 docco genre.
( Prime actually did a decent job with Grand Prix Driver and Fernando but neither of those got any traction like D2S did)

Not sure Prime kept Grand Prix Driver (really well done McLaren doc from the Alonso era) available, but totally worth checking out if they did. Fernando should still be on there.