• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Formula 1 2023

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I mean at this point it's really hard to know without understanding fuel loads, tires and downforce settings. I don't really think ALO will be top three but hey... It would be cool!

I wasn't even thinking about that so much as how ridiculous it was to think a Haas would out qualify both MBs and Piastri's MCL and Sainz. But, hey, computers.

I wasn't going to post the AI prediction this w/e and let it train - but it was too out there not to.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not a starting grid you would have predicted at the end of testing last week.....
Testing is so hard to understand if you don't have all the info on the setup. It seems most years the cars start the way they ended the previous year except when there are big rule changes. With the odd exception here and there. I tried to temper my Alonso man love but not enough! AM looking racy. Next question will be long run speed and tire wear.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Effing Mercedes were supposed to do more than one flying lap in Q3 FFS!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think they have waved the white flag in their melted turd car and will start to look at a more conventional side pod design...:ogbiggrin:

Interestingly enough they do have a design with more conventional side pods, they even used it in testing. Why did they decide to stick with the melted ones I don't know. It is godawful ugly for sure.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
And Alonso is going backwards... :roflmao: that aged well!!

Eh, he tends to have bad starts at the top of the grid. Credit to Bottas, Ocon, Sargeant, and Albon for having kick-ass first lap jump.

Fortunately the AI doesn't need to deal with that or it would be in negative territory :D

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
VERY INTERESTING tire strategy RB and Williams. Two softs in the front half of the race, hmmm. MCL playing catchup?

EDIT: Oh crap. LEC's problem means we'll never find out if that was a weak strategy on RB's part.

EDIT2: So much for the season opener curse. Did any of you have Zhou for fastest lap?

Last edited:

Sponsor