• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Foster Dog Journey

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, it looks like Belle is coming to join Ginzi and me for a few weeks on Friday. I'm excited but nervous as well since I've not had 2 dogs in my small condo except for a few minutes.

1627419658031.png

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Our little Maltese cross doesn't play with toys either. He is 14 now and adopted us nearly 6 years ago. She spent 5 years in our home with Daisy a very active toy player to her last days but Max never took to them.
The boy had some tough sledding before he joined the household. At least 5 homes and 3 times in pounds that we could track down.
The point of this ramble is we don't know a lot an adopted dog's past and what long term behavior it caused. All you can do is love and accept them.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Belle has been here since Friday night. Unfortunately, she gets growly and we've had a couple of fights but I think it's mostly insecurity and stress because most of the time now they are buds and want to wrestle. It's also not helpful that we've had 2 off-leash dogs rush her which really triggers her. Her skin is very itchy, likely just dryness and poor nutrition so we're working on that with topical and internal coconut oil, internal salmon oil, sensitive skin food, and pajamas and a donut collar much of the time to stop her from scratching and licking. She clearly had babies fairly recently as well. She gets spayed on Wednesday then we'll get her up for adoption.

1628113943173.png

1628113959976.png

1628113989476.png

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ginzi is going to be so happy to have a sister. I wonder if Belle and Bandi will hit it off too. That would be sweet!

Because Belle tends to growl when she first meets a dog and Bandi will react to that we haven't introduced them. While I think they could be great buddies, I'm just not sure how long it would take to settle Belle enough to start trying to introduce them.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hope she finds a great forever home and can settle in, putting the rough days behind.

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unfortunately, Belle isn’t feeling well and had a trip to the vet this morning. We have stopped the vomiting but she’s not eating much. She’s on a bunch of meds to help. Sadly, we had to postpone this morning’s meet and greet but they’ve texted to check in on her so that makes me want to meet them more.

She’s feeling lovey toward both Ginzi and me tonight.
AE1F6F96-AE6D-448F-AF8B-C6C74C6EEBFB.jpeg

TS
coskigirl

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh! Sorry I haven’t updated. BelleBelle actually had a foreign object (pictured below) in her that she ended up pooping out on Monday. She’s been doing much better since. Now we just need to find her a furever family.

179FDB08-B3C9-45C6-B06B-03874661CB40.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online