• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Four transatlantic trips in six months!

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
Following two years of not being able to travel we were really looking forward to a Baltic Cruise with a three day stop in Saint Petersburg. Obviously that got cancelled so we opted for Venice and Croatia/Montenegro in June. In August we had a family reunion in England and Scotland. The grandkids are huge Harry Potter fans so we visited some of the sites where the movies were filmed. I put my photoshop skills to work and came up with these two shots. In ten days we're heading for Morocco and then back to the Cotswolds in England for Christmas.

platform 9 ryan FINAL final final.jpg

ARUV0028.JPG

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Happy for you. Any covid infections with the renewed travel?

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Following two years of not being able to travel we were really looking forward to a Baltic Cruise with a three day stop in Saint Petersburg. Obviously that got cancelled so we opted for Venice and Croatia/Montenegro in June. In August we had a family reunion in England and Scotland. The grandkids are huge Harry Potter fans so we visited some of the sites where the movies were filmed. I put my photoshop skills to work and came up with these two shots. In ten days we're heading for Morocco and then back to the Cotswolds in England for Christmas.
What fun!
Did you go to Trieste and Istria?

My BIL was from Montenegro. We've been to Croatia, Slovenia and of course Italy but not to Montenegro.

The Karst and Black Mountains are impressive! Nephew and family did a multi day hut to hut hike through there this summer.

And the Adriatic is hard to beat for silky, clear water.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
In ten days we're heading for Morocco

Morocco has been on my list for awhile. Where ya going? I was in southern portugal before covid, but time wasnt on our side for that trip to take the ferry across.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier

View attachment 180703

View attachment 180702
Good for you!
And, you survived a family reunion in Scotland :) ;)
Morocco is great but it’s been over 20 years since I’ve been.Bring good sunglasses-that sun is very bright that close to the equator.
Hope your going on a Dreamliner- they’re as good as advertised- two flights so far including an L.A. to London and I felt noticeably better, jet lag effects were much less.

TS
patmoore

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
For the Adriatic trip we visited Opatija, Zadar, Korcula, Dubrovnik, and Sibenik. In Montenegro, we cruised out of Kotor to see the Blue Caves.

Scotland was amazing. We got to attend the Edinburgh Royal Military Tattoo at the Castle. Incredible show.

This will be our first trip to Morocco and we'll visit Rabat, Fez, Volubilis, and Marrakech. We got non-stop flights to and from JFK and Casablanca. We'll visit Rick's Cafe at the latter.

Our last big trip before Covid was a safari vacation in Botswana and Zimbabwe followed by three days in Dubai. In Dubai, I rented a snowboad to use at their indoor slope and scuba dived in an acquarium with 400 sharks of seven different types. Here's some footage from Dubai.

Sponsor

Staff online