• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Free The Powder: End of Winter Sale

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I suppose they're removeable so you can swap or replace them? Personally I don't like removeable liners at all, since (for me, and my typically damp hands) they tend to bunch up in the glove, or pull out of the glove, when I don't want them too. And I take my gloves on and off fairly often throughout the day.
Removable liners are ideal for removing at the end of the day to let moisture evaporate or wash and hang dry without having to wash the entire glove which would take a lot longer to dry.

Also having a thick removable liner and a thin removable liner means greater flexibility for cold and warm days.

I have also had felt liners pack out and then replaced them with wool liners because the shell was still good to go.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So I'm not sure why the liners are removable? Maybe someone can educate me.
Any insulator that depends on loft - wool, fleece, down, etc. - loses effectiveness as it gets matted down with dirt and sweat. In short, the liners are removable so you can wash them and restore the original warmth, comfort, and lack of funk.
[Edit: posts crossed with Dano's]

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a new pair of removable FTP liners (L) if anybody is interested?.......I ordered them in February and never used them.....they don't fit in the FTP gloves that I wanted them for. Anybody interested....pm me so I don't screw up the thread.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I made an impulse purchase of mittens. I don't think I'm going to like it, but the last time I skied with mittens was about forty-four years ago. So maybe it is time to try them again.

I've been having trouble with cold hands the last few years.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I didn't really notice cold hands until after I took care of cold feet by installing footbed heaters. :ogbiggrin: Thats when I bought heated gloves.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a pair of the gloves with the soft shell back and Velcro cuffs. Wore them for the first time yesterday and today. Used the thinner liners. Warm conditions.

Out of the package they felt bulky and stiff, but they broke in quickly. I think I'm really going to like them.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I made an impulse purchase of mittens. I don't think I'm going to like it, but the last time I skied with mittens was about forty-four years ago. So maybe it is time to try them again.

I switch off between gloves and mittens. For me, mittens are desired only a few days a year, usually. It takes a couple of runs to get use to them, but then they fit ( no pun intended ) right in.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have a new pair of removable FTP liners (L) if anybody is interested?.......I ordered them in February and never used them.....they don't fit in the FTP gloves that I wanted them for. Anybody interested....pm me so I don't screw up the thread.
I sent PM 4/19

Reactions: BC.

Sponsor