• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Free The Powder: End of Winter Sale

DreaminBoutPow

Amateur hour
Skier
I don't need to shop the sale now, but I have a pair of RX3 long cuff gloves and RX3 long cuff mitts and they are the best gloves ever. The gloves are my go to for anything below freezing down to maybe 10-15 ish. In that range or below, the mitts are it. They are so warm it's almost ridiculous - I haven't found the bottom temp where my hands aren't warm in them yet. Although I haven't skied in below zero with them yet so we'll see - but my hands were so toasty in 5* weather that I have to think they'd be good at least down to -10*.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got a new pair, and the quality looks great.

My only beef is that the new version with removable liners seem a half-size smaller than the old, non-removable style.

And they didn't ship any sealant.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just ordered RX Pro glove. $14.95 shipping to Canada but with two liners still well worth it and it looks like no tax charged although that could change at the border.
I got the RX Pro a couple months ago. Missed this sale, but that 10% mag discount seems to be always available and was able to use it. Good gloves. Not really a complaint, but I find that the thicker of the two liners that come with the glove are so thick as to make finger movement/gripping almost impossible. I guess if I skied in zero temps a lot I'd make it work;)

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
MTB glove works well for me. I’ve been really enjoying carrying multiple liners for switching out of deep pow days.

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
but I find that the thicker of the two liners that come with the glove are so thick as to make finger movement/gripping almost impossible. I guess if I skied in zero temps a lot I'd make it work;)
Did you break them in?

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
No. Do they break in? I tried them once momentarily and have used the thinner liners ever since.
They are leather gloves so they should break in with time and conditionner application. I mostly use them with the thinner liners too.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I t looks like they discontinued the spring gloves. too bad i really like them.
It looks like they now offer the BC glove as their light weight gloves for $34.95 before discount with free shipping. I do not know if this is like the gloves you are referring to. I just bought a pair to go with the 2 pairs of RX that I bought last week.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
It looks like they now offer the BC glove as their light weight gloves for $34.95 before discount with free shipping. I do not know if this is like the gloves you are referring to. I just bought a pair to go with the 2 pairs of RX that I bought last week.
You are right , the BC is the old spring glove. I like the velcro wrist on the older models but may have to try a pair with the knit wrist.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have Kinkos which are cheap and rugged and not that warm.

Should I get FTP's? and which ones? My fingers get cold very easily and I have been using hand warmers at temps of 25 and below which is most ski days.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Crank Saw folks using the three fingered version at Snowbird this winter. As you know mittens are usually warmer than gloves but costs dexterity, this is compromise.
I have the RX pro (five finger) that comes with thick and thin liners. Thin is only version I've used in all weather. Would imagine thicker liner would be pretty good in extreme cold.

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
Bought 4 pair for my family. Youngest didn't fit and I'll return that pair. The rest of us loved these mittens. Warm at 8F. Skied killington and never got cold fingers. Really weird trip because it also got over 50F. Just pulled the liners out and skied with those on. Perfect. I'm really happy with this mitten. Quality is obvious.
PS we bought hand warmers and they are still in their packages. Not necessary now and this is even with a super lucky 14 yr old wearing them.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Got a new pair, and the quality looks great.

My only beef is that the new version with removable liners seem a half-size smaller than the old, non-removable style.

And they didn't ship any sealant.

That's weird. I've got an old non-removable pair and now a new RX Pro. Sizing feels the same to me. This is my third pair of FTP gloves (have a pair of the old spring gloves too) and they've never sent me any sealant. Maybe you have to ask nicely. ;)

Marathoner

Putting on skis
Skier
I bought the RX Pro for the really cold days. I had a few days this winter when the Hestra army leather gloves were not sufficiently warm.

Question - why do people buy the under cuff velcro wrist gloves? I bought the powder cuff but was wondering if there was a functional advantage to the under cuff velcro option? Or is it simply aesthetic?

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bought the RX Pro for the really cold days. I had a few days this winter when the Hestra army leather gloves were not sufficiently warm.

Question - why do people buy the under cuff velcro wrist gloves? I bought the powder cuff but was wondering if there was a functional advantage to the under cuff velcro option? Or is it simply aesthetic?
For me, skiing east coast involves rain. Long cuff gloves/mittens become buckets when raining. I ski 90% of my days in under cuff gloves (Kinco 1927KW).

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I buy the short cuff and it still goes up the sleeve enough to wear it over the jacket.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

For me it is aesthetic

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Questions: I have the original short cuff gloves with fixed liners. Can anyone compare the cuffs of the newer short cuff gloves with the original ones? How easy or difficult is it to get the liners in/out of the gloves? In the past, when I had gloves with removable liners, they were a mild pain to use...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No. Do they break in? I tried them once momentarily and have used the thinner liners ever since.
Yes, they do. At least, the 2 pairs of non-removeable-liner ones I have had break in. They feel slightly too tight at first, but after a day or two they fit very well. Not sure about the liners.

Last edited: