• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA Free The Powder: End of Winter Sale

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I have Kinkos which are cheap and rugged and not that wa

Should I get FTP's? and which ones? My fingers get cold very easily and I have been using hand warmers at temps of 25 and below which is most ski days.

@Crank Here's what I've been doing for my cold fingers problem. I have the FTP RX Pro. I also have the Fieldsheer heated glove liners. I just take the stock liners out of the FTP's and slip those heated glove liners in (already warmed up). Toasty!
Fieldsheer gloves are 25% off right now.

OnEdge

Putting on skis
Skier
I bought the RX Pro for the really cold days. I had a few days this winter when the Hestra army leather gloves were not sufficiently warm.

Question - why do people buy the under cuff velcro wrist gloves? I bought the powder cuff but was wondering if there was a functional advantage to the under cuff velcro option? Or is it simply aesthetic?

I have the under cuff FTP mittens. I generally like powder cuff gloves but most any jacket I've had in the last 10 years seems to have a large cuff, so its practically easier to put the jacket cuff over the gloves. It works well enough.

The RX mittens are seriously warm (I bought a lighter weight liner from FTP I use a fair bit), and their spring / BC glove is my favorite (mine has a Velcro - not elastic - cuff).

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
For me it is aesthetic
Aw c'mon, nothing says 'Core like gauntlet gloves...Ok Duct Tape is #1, but big ass gauntlets are #2.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think they’re called the BC glove. 60gms insulation vs 200 on the usual gloves.
Is this the one? It’s on closeout sale so maybe it is going away-
Yes is on closeout. I bought a pair and could not get the 10% discount because it is on clearance.

James

Out There
Instructor
Aw c'mon, nothing says 'Core like gauntlet gloves...Ok Duct Tape is #1, but big ass gauntlets are #2.
They’re great for bringing the rain into your gloves. I’m with Bob.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They’re great for bringing the rain into your gloves. I’m with Bob.
Where I ski rain is rare.:ogbiggrin:

One time skiing waist deep pow, snow got inside the gauntlets because I didn't have them snugged tight. :duck:

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
Any chance on another 10% discount code for those of us who were too slow?

I've been wanting to try a lobster claw for a while now!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any chance on another 10% discount code for those of us who were too slow?

I've been wanting to try a lobster claw for a while now!
You might not want to be too slow again and thus miss out on the really big savings: $80 gloves for $60 and free shipping. 2 removable liners also might or might not be offered in the future. At $60 these gloves are as good or better than other gloves selling for 2x that or more.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
You might not want to be too slow again and thus miss out on the really big savings: $80 gloves for $60 and free shipping. 2 removable liners also might or might not be offered in the future. At $60 these gloves are as good or better than other gloves selling for 2x that or more.
Good call, placed an order. I did not see anywhere that two sets of liners are included but that's not a deal breaker for me.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got mine a while ago. I’m between large and medium so ordered both. Never sent the mediums back though once I tried the large.
They did come with 2 liners, black for colder and red for lighter days. Great gloves as far as I can tell. Only used a couple times at the end of the season

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got a pair of the ski gloves, which I haven't used and might not until next season.

However, I also ordered a pair of the long finger no-padding MTB gloves for kicks. They are very nice! I've used them and washed them once.

northwskier

Falling off the lift
Skier
Ok well that was fast! They seem well made, and are comfy. The lobster has a lot more room than a normal glove so its a little tough to gauge, but I'd say they fit 'true to size'.

One thing I did not realize: The liners are required. Not like some other gloves where liners can be added to give extra warmth but some material is attached to the glove... remove the liners and the only thing left is the shell. So I'm not sure why the liners are removable? Maybe someone can educate me.

I did not receive a second set of liners with them so I'm not sure if that was a limited deal or how that works.
I forgot to order the leather treatment so I may order that along with the "thin" liners soon.

Thanks for posting this deal, I am excited to wear them next season.

PXL_20210415_173344166.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FTP may not have offered the extra liner in the lobster claw model. :huh:

I have found that I measured a L for width but the fingers were way too long for my short fingers. My old Hestra gloves were too long in the fingers but FTP are even longer, by about 1/2" in the fingers and 3/4" in the thumbs. However the too long fingers where not noticeable when skiing.ogsmile

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So I'm not sure why the liners are removable? Maybe someone can educate me.
I suppose they're removeable so you can swap or replace them? Personally I don't like removeable liners at all, since (for me, and my typically damp hands) they tend to bunch up in the glove, or pull out of the glove, when I don't want them too. And I take my gloves on and off fairly often throughout the day.

I've tried velcroed in liners, and that was only a little better. I love my FTP gloves with the fixed liners, but they don't make as many models that way anymore.