• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

French mountain rescue on TV (well youtube)

Idris

Getting off the lift
Skier
Stumbled accross this one, sorry if it's a rerun to some folks. Its an english language dub of a French TV show following the PGHM (high mountain rescue) here in Chamonix and nearby resorts. Included is some interaction with ski patrol. Including St Gervais/Megeve where I'm based this winter. Very well made, no re enactments, ok some of the infill edits are wrong, but I can only tell from playing in these hills for 20+ years. Voice over is anoying sometimes, but that's par for the course I suppose.

If outside the USA you will need a VPN.

Over the years many of my friends have been rescued by these guys. I have called them for other people and for my clients (I'm a trekking guide in summer). Very rapid, profesional but sometimes unorthodox methods.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you for sharing! I though a lot about the risks in those mountains while hiking there last month.

James

Out There
Instructor
Its an english language dub
That was a great show. I think I’ve been on that piste at Les Houches, my one day there.
It’s odd that they use the English word “crevice” for crevasse. No one says that in the US anyway, it’s the same, crevasse. Shockingly, it’s generally pronounced correctly.

Sponsor

Staff online