• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

From SLC, UT to York, PA

troop801

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Moved across country for work and now have a lot of unneeded ski gear to unload. Worked at Deer Valley as a private ski instructor for ten years. Former river guide on the Salmon in Idaho. Just got back from Gauley Season in WV. Planning on making most of my EC turns at Roundtop, PA.

Howdy, y'all!

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Moved across country for work and now have a lot of unneeded ski gear to unload. Worked at Deer Valley as a private ski instructor for ten years. Former river guide on the Salmon in Idaho. Just got back from Gauley Season in WV. Planning on making most of my EC turns at Roundtop, PA.

Howdy, y'all!
That's quite a change. What kind of work brought you to York?. There is a gear sale section on the website where you can list what is for sale and prices you are asking. Was there a tipping point that brought you to York or was it simply a great opportunity.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! I get up to Roundtop occassionally.... nice place when everything is open.

You might want to check out the MId-A thread or the Poconos thread... in addition to the sales area :)

TS
T

troop801

Skier
Welcome! I get up to Roundtop occassionally.... nice place when everything is open.

You might want to check out the MId-A thread or the Poconos thread... in addition to the sales area :)

Thanks!

TS
T

troop801

Skier
That's quite a change. What kind of work brought you to York?. There is a gear sale section on the website where you can list what is for sale and prices you are asking. Was there a tipping point that brought you to York or was it simply a great opportunity.
Moved here to complete clinical hours at the York Hospital. Big change!

Thanks for the heads up!

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
Moved here to complete clinical hours at the York Hospital. Big change!

Thanks for the heads up!
If you are interested in Patrolling at Roundtop, hit me up. We are always looking for folks

TS
T

troop801

Skier
If you are interested in Patrolling at Roundtop, hit me up. We are always looking for folks
I actually just stopped by there on our way back from Dillsburg today. Stopped in for the job fair to inquire about part-time instructing. Hopefully it works out!

Do you need a current EMT/First Responder for patrol?

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
I actually just stopped by there on our way back from Dillsburg today. Stopped in for the job fair to inquire about part-time instructing. Hopefully it works out!

Do you need a current EMT/First Responder for patrol?
Yes, you would have to have OEC to patrol. You might be able to challenge the test instead of taking the entire course. Our OEC class starts in the spring, and takes most of the summer off, and picks up again in the fall. Perhaps you could join now and then challenge the test, which is usually sometime in December.

skibum00

Booting up
Skier

Howdy, y'all!
I had a similar path, I was born and raised in Camp Hill, grew up skiing Roundtop, then moved to SLC in 2000. Skied Brighton and worked at Park City while in college at the U. Moved back to PA (Philly) in 2005. The first handful of winter back are the toughest, I spent a lot of money flying back to SLC every winter to get my fix. Welcome to PA!