• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun bike clothing

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Some of you know I love my Dirtlej. So I wanted a short sleeve version. Sold out. Gah.

Next best thing? Vaude Moab.

IMG_20210603_102831.jpg

I might have to put some hockey tape on the saddle, the material is about as slippery as Tyvek.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I've purchased way too many "fun" kits. I typically wear them a time or two, and that is it. I find that geometric patterns in more classic colors have better longevity with me,

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Heel Tread socks are great! I've found that some of them match kit I have quite well, and the socks themselves are quite nice. Also, the people who run Heel Tread are really lovely: I've received personal notes from them every time I've ordered (they're in Portugal).

One thing with their socks: they will shrink in the dryer, so hang dry if you want them to stay the same size as day one.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I've found that some of them match kit I have quite well, and the socks themselves are quite nice.

Exactly - there's usually a combination to match just about any saturated kit.

And the seamless construction also means you don't get the evil graphics-don't-match-up-across-seams cheapo look. And you especially don't get the ridiculous seams at the shoe upper that cheap aero socks have made "popular".

Unfortunately, with my wired toes and compressed ankle, I can't quite get into proper cycling shoes - or cotton-blend socks yet. Have to pick a theme for August...

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
168D35AC-70F2-4C73-8BA4-AF13D5CF71D0.JPG

Fred on a ride with a bunch of women. That's how he rolls
011504A8-9BE7-4368-A0D7-6FF39BB35DF6.JPG

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
McLaren / Le Col was mentioned upthread.

Alonso fans and Jessica Hawkins fans can now haz Pedal Mafia.

1697059605075.png

:ogcool:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Totally @Tony S Or at least used to be.

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don’t know if it’s fun, but lately I’m seeing adds for bib shorts with this weird sort of flap on the back containing three pockets. I guess so mtbers can actually carry the chit they need, wear their cool mtb jerseys, and not look like roadies who just wear jerseys with pockets and have been for decades. Because pockets are good, but reinventing the wheel is better.

Sponsor

Staff online