• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FUN Car Talk, NO EV ALLOWED!!!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Are we sure the Canadians aren't using hatch props to play hockey and not the other way around?
While hatch backs are popular in Canada (more so than in the USA) there are way more hockey players than hatches in Canada so the only way the math works if the hockey players supply the hatch owners.

BTW do you know why gay marriage became legal in Canada 10 years before the US?....Because in Canada, if its not about hockey, then no one really cares what team you are on. :ogbiggrin:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does this qualify as fun? I just drove 3517 miles round trip from WA to CO in my Audi TT Coupe. Wanted to see how it worked as a GT machine. Turned out to be very good, fast when I wanted fast (don't want to say how fast but there were some with 3 figures showing), always a secure drive on varied surfaces and tightness of curves, and surprisingly economical with mileage in the mid to even high 30's. Here's a picture taken at the mid-point of my trip, taken in Meridian Lake Park with a view of Mount Crested Butte.

View attachment 143040
Oh, that is sweet.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're ever near Kalamazoo, MI, be sure to block out a day to visit the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners. It's hands down the most astounding collection I've ever seen.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Harrah's Auto Museum in Reno is very nice but it was awesome back in the day when there were 3 huge warehouses with about 1450 random cars. Three Bugatti Royales? Check.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sorry, but it's come to this. And if you don't want me raining on your parade don't rain on mine!

How about some early Cobra love to get things started. I always preferred the HiPo 289 version personally but the later car did have a lot of chassis updates.
So I'll take the 427 chassis with the 289 engine please...

View attachment 142443
View attachment 142444
View attachment 142445
View attachment 142446
Johnex Cobras (replicas) where initially built in Brampton Ont. (outskirts of Toronto) at the corner of Dixie and Steeles in an industrial unit, they moved a few times as popularity for the builder increased in the same area. I was in the shops a few times, including the back room. Down to earth builder. Lost track when he gain fame. One of the cell phone shop chains purchased a whole bunch of front ends and still has them on display as part of their store fronts. Shame people don't understand their meaning.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Think the mileage on the M6 was in the 72K km range IIRC and there was some stone chips up front so definitely not a garage queen.

Did this BMW years ago and the customer who has all sorts of ever changing cars who pointed out the Individual paint tag. Guess the original owner paid over $10k more to have the colour of the car painted to match his yacht.

View attachment 142618 View attachment 142619

Did the same customer’s E Type the day after with his Rolls in the background.
View attachment 142631
A childhood neighbour (cop) had an E-type (can't remember if it was a soft top or not), I remember getting in the drivers seat at about 10-11 and commenting how small the foot well for brake clutch gas peddle was considering my kid sized feet. He replied, yeap its small especially if you have size 13's which he did (only a foot and a half fit). Don't know how he drove the thing.

The front end was all engine compartment, trans tunnel, wheel well and little room for anything else, driver and passenger feet not important.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This two stroke V8 powered car popped up on youtube. Based on an Evinrude 300.

THAT looks like more fun than humans should be allowed to have!

EIGHT individual expansion chambers. This makes @scott43 RZ 500 look like a soccer mom's vehicle.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
THAT looks like more fun than humans should be allowed to have!

EIGHT individual expansion chambers. This makes @scott43 RZ 500 look like a soccer mom's vehicle.
You know, the RZ only made like 60hp or something..maybe 70. My R6 made 110. A BMW s1000 makes about 180... It sounded better than it was fast.. :ogbiggrin:

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
SL Roll bar Up.jpg
20200625_104035.jpg
20210227_164124.jpg
All the Fun! Top Up or Down. Panorama Roof Too & Power Roll Bar!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
You know, the RZ only made like 60hp or something..maybe 70. My R6 made 110. A BMW s1000 makes about 180... It sounded better than it was fast.. :ogbiggrin:
Mine's got 'a few mods' but still slow by modern standards. But it's very smooth, torquey and sounds amazing (Jolly Moto pipes). It's way faster than I need or want on the street.

rz5.jpg

Last edited:

bbbradley

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not just a summer toy; it could be a ski car with proper tires. :)

Attachments

• Ski Car.jpg
    Ski Car.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 21