• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

FUN Car Talk, NO EV ALLOWED!!!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's my fun car. Even after 25 years of ownership, it still puts the biggest of grins on my face.
Still my all-time favorite.

Although old and slow compared to my other cars,
there is something just wonderful and fun about a good old-fashioned
and bare-bones analogue driving experience.
It's been through thick and thin with me, through most of my life defining moments,
and I've crashed it and rebuilt it more times than I care to count.
I'm on my second engine, fifth water pump, third radiator... etc.
Long list. A true keeper!

Detailed a Euro spec 1988 M6 this year that was just recently brought over to Canada. No catalytic converters so an extra 30hp and had the HVAC control labeling in German.

BMWs of that era make me weep at the direction the brand has gone.

But......they're in the business of selling cars, not appeasing true fanatics!

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Shirley someone will recognize this...

powered.jpg

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Detailed a Euro spec 1988 M6 this year that was just recently brought over to Canada. No catalytic converters so an extra 30hp and had the HVAC control labeling in German.

Top won’t go down in this one either….

View attachment 142613
View attachment 142612
Greg that is fantastic! 635 CSI!!! And euro spec to boot. What kind of mileage was on her? I hope it was substantial as that needs to be enjoyed!

This is feeling a little underwhelmed just now....

3.JPG

The 635csi, M3 evo II and my 325is are my top three BMWs of that era.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
BMW 2002tii
That embarrassing for me- the hood latch pulley /cable mechanism should have given that away…Anyway, never owned a tii but people I know who did always griped about the fuel injectors and most replaced them with Weber’s which were far more reliable and actually gave you a little more mid range boost.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Think the mileage on the M6 was in the 72K km range IIRC and there was some stone chips up front so definitely not a garage queen.

Did this BMW years ago and the customer who has all sorts of ever changing cars who pointed out the Individual paint tag. Guess the original owner paid over $10k more to have the colour of the car painted to match his yacht.

68CC3F43-DD0E-48B1-9506-EEF9F22D817C.jpeg
CBACF929-CE62-46AF-9870-60EE8A6F2A9C.jpeg

Did the same customer’s E Type the day after with his Rolls in the background.
C7DCE4F0-D432-470A-9B61-3B60D82ECC50.jpeg

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
That embarrassing for me- the hood latch pulley /cable mechanism should have given that away…Anyway, never owned a tii but people I know who did always griped about the fuel injectors and most replaced them with Weber’s which were far more reliable and actually gave you a little more mid range boost.
Agree, the FI was in its infancy then. I was partial to the 2002ti.
Just a nice balance of power and chassis.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Think the mileage on the M6 was in the 72K km range IIRC and there was some stone chips up front so definitely not a garage queen.

Did this BMW years ago and the customer who has all sorts of ever changing cars who pointed out the Individual paint tag. Guess the original owner paid over $10k more to have the colour of the car painted to match his yacht.

Did the same customer’s E Type the day after with his Rolls in the background.
View attachment 142631

Love the E-Type but you should have let those bumper overriders get lost while you worked your magic!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Remember him supplying a cut hockey stick as the engine lid prop while cleaning the engine bay of that E Type. Haha

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Love the E-Type but you should have let those bumper overriders get lost while you worked your magic!
Hmm- not if you ever park it- my pre’74 2002’s all had the same type of bumper- extremely vulnerable to getting crushed . That said ,I put the lower profile euro style guards on my last one ( along with euro flush turn signals) but I always tried to park very carefully.

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier

SkiSVLikeAgassi

100% proud ski and tennis bum
Skier
BMWs of that era make me weep at the direction the brand has gone.

But......they're in the business of selling cars, not appeasing true fanatics!
Yup. And, driving dynamics aside, there's also the fact that owning a modern BMW after the warranty expires
is an extremely expensive proposition. Not that it was ever cheap, but certainly easier to justify (and work on them).

James

Out There
Instructor
This is insane. Poor video, but there’s 3 warehouses like this. Cars and parts everywhere from a Pinto to a rare Bizzarini. Lots of Rolls, Ferrari, Corvettes, various muscle, (Plymouth Super Bird), and older American and Euro race cars. The owner has a story about every car apparently, but many seem to have been sitting for 30 years. Most are going up for sale.

Here’s the cleaning of the Bizzarini. In some ways this vid is better for seeing the cars. You might just start here. @GregK , surely you’ve heard of this collection?

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is insane. Poor video, but there’s 3 warehouses like this. Cars and parts everywhere from a Pinto to a rare Bizzarini. Lots of Rolls, Ferrari, Corvettes, various muscle, (Plymouth Super Bird), and older American and Euro race cars. The owner has a story about every car apparently, but many seem to have been sitting for 30 years. Most are going up for sale.

Here’s the cleaning of the Bizzarini. In some ways this vid is better for seeing the cars. You might just start here. @GregK , surely you’ve heard of this collection?
I guess if you're going to hoard, this is better than newspapers and magazines! Amazing collection. I can see Jay Leno coming to the auction...

Last edited: