• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I was shipping the other way, hundreds of cars (mostly on MSO's) to Hungary.
1659737043150.png

Lebowski

Putting on skis
Skier
LOL. Mercury Sable wagons were actually kinda good in snow, well at least NE snow. I used to chuckle at the pseudo light bar in the front but what really gave me the absolute giggles was the spring-deployed beetle wings/spaceship doors center console coffee holder. That thing *never* got old :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hated the air system. Replaced the heater core in my sister's one twice.

The funny thing is that the Lagondas of the same era had a lot of the strong semi-wedge swage lines.
Haha - I do remember that 'trick' console!

Those Lagonda’s are absolutely wild, even 40 years later! There was a British Racing Green one I would occasionally see around Montreal in the mid-90’s. Just so unbelievably cool. I understand the electrics were terrible, but as a, what, 5th or 6th car in your stable? Indubitably, a must-have :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Summer befor my Senior year ran parts for a neighbor who restored British sports cars. He sold me a cherried out 58 MGA. 1st day of school get to the parking lot and snapping down the tonoue cover and there is a sound. It keeps getting louder and up pulls a 427 AC Cobra with a temp sticker still on it.
The kid hops out and heads for the front door of the school. Turns out he had just had his 16th birthday and dad bought it for him. He wrapped the car around a telephone pole before the week was over. Dad felt bad for him and got him a big block Vette. Dad must have had a big insurance policy on him.
Took very good care of my MGA.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Summer befor my Senior year ran parts for a neighbor who restored British sports cars. He sold me a cherried out 58 MGA. 1st day of school get to the parking lot and snapping down the tonoue cover and there is a sound. It keeps getting louder and up pulls a 427 AC Cobra with a temp sticker still on it.
The kid hops out and heads for the front door of the school. Turns out he had just had his 16th birthday and dad bought it for him. He wrapped the car around a telephone pole before the week was over. Dad felt bad for him and got him a big block Vette. Dad must have had a big insurance policy on him.
Took very good care of my MGA.
That sounds familiar, my wife's cousin had a classic corvette in his garage for a couple of years and when the son got his driver's license he gave him the car. In less than a month the kid wrapped it around a telephone pole. So the dad picks up a used 911 turbo and gives it to the son, guess what happened not long after the kid got it?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There is *something* about Porsches - their lines never show up properly in pics.

It's like hue, aero curves or body proportions - no photograph can do justice to more than two and sometimes not even that.

Anyone else notice that? It's like Porsches are to car photography what steep terrain is to ski pics. Weird. I mean just compare @GregK's Carrera pic and his GT2 pic.

The Carrera pic has completely distorted perspective - but I would argue it conveys true, IRL body proportion far better than the bottom pic.
Frustratingly true. Sometimes a distraction is called for.
DE384DC6-020B-4AFC-BC51-4C3773C0FE08.jpeg

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
That sounds familiar, my wife's cousin had a classic corvette in his garage for a couple of years and when the son got his driver's license he gave him the car. In less than a month the kid wrapped it around a telephone pole. So the dad picks up a used 911 turbo and gives it to the son, guess what happened not long after the kid got it?
At 66, I still respect the power my anemic LS2 puts out in my 07 Corvette. Lots of videos of people that don't doing crowd plows :)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January