• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Fun car found at Medical Park Amarillo Tx. while walking pup.

Imported 25 year old JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) imported with only DOT and no EPA issues.

IMG20221108152954.jpg
IMG20221108153014.jpg
IMG20221108153032.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The expected upscale version of the Civic Type R, complete with smaller, "lip" spoiler.

Also, more (or some?!) sound insulation, I suspect:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ever been tempted to do aerogel panels in an econobox?

No, but I've done a bit of add-on sound insulation in my younger years. Sort of effective, if I'm honest. The best result was doing the bare metal rear wheel wells and package shelf of a 1986-ish Jetta. HUGE improvement.

Of course, that also opened the door for dropping in a set of Infinity speakers, amplifier....I could go on.

I wonder if we'll also see a DCT in this? Acura's current demographic doesn't exactly play to the stick shift-only approach.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love an Integra Type S. Might own one someday. It also will have seat heaters missing from the CTR. And, no need to delete the wing and no need to drive a Civic. :yahoo:

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
This popped up on youtube. Crazy fast.
Kubica went to rally from F1, supposedly had signed with Ferrari when he was severely injured in a rally accident.

That guy standing on the left side of the road in the opening segment sure is brave...

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
No, but I've done a bit of add-on sound insulation in my younger years. Sort of effective, if I'm honest. The best result was doing the bare metal rear wheel wells and package shelf of a 1986-ish Jetta. HUGE improvement.

I suspect all of us in this thread have :D I was mostly Mitsu/Dodge, GM, Mazda, Renault and Nissan, mind.
That was kind of my point - we have better kits now: things like aerogels were NASA-only back then.

I wonder if we'll also see a DCT in this? Acura's current demographic doesn't exactly play to the stick shift-only approach.

Good point.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've rolled sevral veichles on "ice dubs" as we call them

roll up your windows, if windows rolled up, remember to close sunroof. (lots of heat generated ice racing so you tend to have lots of heat in engine) because when you flip, your coupe fills up fast with snow

I recently drove a 992 turbo S on -3c rain freezing aas it hit the ground, on road legal ish tires, kinda awesome will see if I have some pics, took it to the mountains for what supposed to be a 4-5 hour drive, but it was 10-11 due to weather, definetly the worrst conditions I've ever experienced

the better on ice, the worse on dry asfalt.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
started with some highway driving, lots of snow, then above zero, then MASSIVE rain, drainaage couldnt hang, they were literally digging exit holes for the water in the 70mph zones, and you would hit "ice fields" with 30-40cm water... had to drive on shoulder and other side of road was chaos

2022-12-26 13.16.16.jpg

at times rain was so crazy we had to go 20-30mph max! and left laane was as much as 5-10cm of slush = say goodbuy to your car if you tried to pass, would slushplane and go off... we witnessed about 7 crashes ... tesla owners... just... wtf tesla owners, they are a special breed of unskilled here. as you can buy them with 0 tax 0 interest and 0 skills. tesla owner tip, if you catch up sevral fast cars, we had a bently, 992 turbo S, bullit mustang etc... and they are going 40-50mph, there might be a reason for it.

2022-12-26 16.21.47.jpg

as we gained altitude the ice rain, slush and such made things interesting, air intakes and headlamps would ice over, and fill, front window you could run heater to max, and open side windows, and work around. lots of the time it was raining, on top of snow and -3c or so, so you would drive on 100% ice with water on top, the studded tires and 4x4 of the porsche was just amazing. it was like ice racing constantly! but we kept it slow and just went with the flow, the flow was fast enough to where people were slideing off the roads every now & then getting stuck in ditch/snow, but luckly, 0 damage to people, just hurt pride & cars.

2022-12-26 16.43.47.jpg

snow time!!! snow coverd roads, now mostly with some more cold ice under = VERY good grip, could haul ass and have fun.

such a fun trip to the mountains in totally unsuitable cars. the bently going sideways as we hit some of the closed private roads for some fun was epic. didnt do ice racing this weekend, but they just opend sevral of the waters here for it now. for driving on water you can go as fast as you want, and do pretty much what you want.

the trip was a surprised deal for a buddys birthday, we drove 4 cars up.. or so he thought, then surprsed him with 14 more guests waiting at the resort! :)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
He's totally hogging that space. That's room enough for like 5 of those.

As I posted in the 'Wild' thread, the proper way to park one of those is:

1673978353959.png