• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Pretty happy with this. Although it is really a "therapeutic medical device".

TTRS1.jpeg

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 15

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice, @martyg.
TTRS? Think that has the same 5-cyl 400 hp engine as in my RS3.
Loads of fun.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Nice, @martyg.
TTRS? Think that has the same 5-cyl 400 hp engine as in my RS3.
Loads of fun.

Yes. TT RS. I have maybe 150 miles on it. I discovered the limits of the Pirelli P-Zeros this cold morning. No real drama. They just slid out a bit without me really getting on the car. I have a decision to make on what I drive, when, and what rubber to shoe them with.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
LOL. Made it about 500 miles on the stock P-zeros (car arrived in late fall '19) and promptly switched over to Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for a bit more security in the cold and light snow.
Now at around 10k miles and the Michelins have proven to be a decent compromise tire but certainly not something I'd drive in deeper snow or icy conditions.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
second the recommendation to replace the P Zeros with the pilot a/s 3
I try to avoid driving my old TT in the snow but they also have much better grip on wet roads and I never noticed any increase in road noise.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
3 rd recommendation My p zero were removed when the temps hit 50 with the Cinti dws 06. If the as4 was out when I did , I would have went that direction. I have the as3 on another car as well.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I saw one of these today. With the top down. Well, actually there was no top. The owner was aggressively protective and would not let me take a photo of the entire car. If you're driving one of these and parking it on the street, open for all to see, looking oh so pretty, wouldn't you expect people to gawk? Very shiny. Wheels said Dino too.
Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 9.55.31 PM.png

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Dude's a Drama Queen...

I was fortunate to go to school with 3 kids..1 family had a Lamborghini Miura, 1 had a 1973 Dino 246 and 1 had a 308 GT4 Dino. The Miura was awesome... The Dino's were..meh..

ZeeJM

Not available in any store.
Skier
Here's what gets me where I need to go. Often seen this time of year sporting Michelin Arctic Alpin PA4's, a set of Yakima Jetstream bars, and a roof box.
m240i - Squaw Pass.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is VW selling a non R performance version over here? It sure looks like a Subie Outback fighter.
No Golf wagon at all in NA. The Alltrack was more to go up against the Outback but in reality, the Outback was closer tot eh size to the Passat...id VW offeres the Passat Alltrack here, which they didn't. The Golf R shown here would go up agaisn say the WRX is they offered that in the Levorg (Imprezza wagon in Japan) which also is not offered here in NA. North America is just not the volume wagon market, it is where wagon sales come to die.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I have to say, best bang for the buck that I owned was a GTI. With snows it is a superb mtn driver. I had the 4-door. Could put 175cm skis inside, or a 56cm road or mtn bike.

Not as quiet and refined as an Audi or Porsche, but a superb vehicle for not much money. I only got rid of it because I wanted something a bit quieter / better appointed.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
LOL. Made it about 500 miles on the stock P-zeros (car arrived in late fall '19) and promptly switched over to Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for a bit more security in the cold and light snow.
Now at around 10k miles and the Michelins have proven to be a decent compromise tire but certainly not something I'd drive in deeper snow or icy conditions.

I'll likely garage the TTRS for the winter. The SQ5, with studded Nokians, is the winter driver / dog hauler. Might pull it out in the last month of ski season when daytime temps are toasty.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Could be a fun ski car if they'd sell it here.

View attachment 137350

I almost put up a thread on this car yesterday, until I saw that it's base price was estimated to be over 50,000 Euro.

For me, that's far above any reasonable VW price point.

A moot point, since it will not be offered over here.

Sponsor

Staff online