• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Salomon
SX Series Boots
salomon-pugski-wish-list-jpg.53332
Bring back the SX92. Skier demographics are changing, and while there is no question that an overlap boot maximizes performance, there are skiers who need more -- or in this case, are happy with less. How often do you see Joe or Jane Skier struggling to get their boots on or off? These skiers need a boot they can use without the need for the buddy system. The original Salomon SX was a great design in its own right with the array of bells and whistles in fit adjustments such as the ability to adjust stiffness at will. It is time for another SX. With today's lighter plastics and 20 years of technology advancements, I think it is time to bring back the rear-entry boot, and what better boot to lead the way than the SX.​
That's just crazy talk!

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I would like to see slalom poles with built-in pole guards, especially in junior sizes.

Every parent of growing racers has wondered why in the world are the pole guards sold separately? I guess the obvious answer is profit. With three kids in the game, this is a giant hassle (and expense) every Fall. Once those pole guards are on, they never come off.

I know, you can move them to next season's poles, but the reality is you end up giving those poles away or selling them for next to nothing. Those pole guards are forever connected to their original parent poles. Just incorporate them into the poles! Please!

Komperdell does this, at least in adult sizes (48" and up). http://www.artechski.com/komperdell-national-team-carbon-slalom-race-poles-with-punchcovers/

Those are expensive poles, but they're pretty popular among the U16+ set.

I think you might be surprised by how many people end up moving pole guards ...

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Retro graphics are cool but do we need to live in the past? How about old school top sheet apicais or even custom top sheets on a special ordered basis? I would be in for the Olin Mark V, even if they aren't red.

More womens stretch pants. More softshell pants for everybody in more colors.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nordica
Navigator Jr.

There is a big hole in most manufacturers' junior ski collections: the mid-80mm range. This is the all-mountain ski that most kids need, not a 70mm foam core ski or a 95mm powder, ski but something they can ski every day and (most importantly) that they can bend. This could be a Blizzard Bonafide Jr., too.​

Just perusing J Skis, and I found this: https://jskis.com/collections/max/products/arcade

Although it's a 90mm waist.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I want a medium-flexing, 90mm, twin tip with a bit of tip/tail rocker ski with a 3/4th length layer of metal.

I think J Skis Masterblaster is as close as I've seen. Would like it a bit narrower and with a full twin.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

Love my moments. But Frankenskis are a bit too park/jib focused for what I'm envisioning. If they swapped out the bamboo core for the maple/ash of the PB&J, added a bit of metal, and moved the mount/sidecut back to more like -6cm....perfect.

Basically a relatively damp, but medium flexing ski for days when the snow is a bit too hard (and I'm skiing too many bumps) for the Deathwish.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Love my moments. But Frankenskis are a bit too park/jib focused for what I'm envisioning. If they swapped out the bamboo core for the maple/ash of the PB&J, added a bit of metal, and moved the mount/sidecut back to more like -6cm....perfect.

Basically a relatively damp, but medium flexing ski for days when the snow is a bit too hard (and I'm skiing too many bumps) for the Deathwish.
I've all but begged Moment, on line and in person, to build a narrower ski for those who don't want the park ski but do want something narrower than the Tahoe, now called The Commander. I have the Tahoes and they're pretty good but do like to carry speed to get a good carve. Moment does build a ski for the Japanese market called the Strega but they have no plans to bring it here. It's 84 underfoot in a 172cm. I guess that could go on my wishlist. You can see it here.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I've all but begged Moment, on line and in person, to build a narrower ski for those who don't want the park ski but do want something narrower than the Tahoe, now called The Commander. I have the Tahoes and they're pretty good but do like to carry speed to get a good carve. Moment does build a ski for the Japanese market called the Strega but they have no plans to bring it here. It's 84 underfoot in a 172cm. I guess that could go on my wishlist. You can see it here.

Yep -- that's getting there. The idea behind medium flex + metal is you get the dampness and rigidity but doesn't need a lot of speed before it comes alive. Fun for slower days, jibbing around the mountain, etc.

I suppose a narrow on3p kartel, or an liberty origin 90 (bamboo core) may be close. But I do like the feel of metal.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
I'd like a Nordica Navigator 85+, use the Navigator mold but the enforcer construction... and add a bit extra. I'd like a mid-width all-mountain ski with more beef than the 98/100 ski instead of a lower performance. Harder snow-> narrower ski-> more beef, not less. Why is this hard?

Sponsor

Staff online